Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

We had such a wonderful Easter Sunday yesterday, filled with lots of family time and fun. Ella had her first Easter egg hunt that morning with her cousins at my parents house. She didn't really get the hang of it until most of the eggs were already found, but she had a great time walking around outside.

Then we had a little family devotional. We passed around 12 eggs, and inside each egg was something that represented the atonement and resurrection of our Savior, with a scripture to go along. It was really nice to just take a break from the excitement and the candy, and remind ourselves why we really celebrate Easter.

Then we went to Craig's grandma's ("GG") house for the big Easter lunch and another hunt. The food was delicious and Ella knew exactly what to do during the hunt this time. She was really proud of all of the eggs she found... and I was proud of her too! I feel like she has grown so much so fast, and just really understands everything now. She is a smart little girl!


Ella's Easter Basket

Lily, Ella, and Easton after the first hunt of the day. It was so nice to see my sweet little nieces and nephew again. I forgot to mention that my sister, Lenore and her family came to VA for a visit. It had almost been a year since we saw them last! We had so much fun together... I just love getting together with my sisters because we can act so crazy and say the lamest jokes, but we still think we are hilarious. It's sad that we don't get to see each other often, but when we do we have the best time! My other sister, Cora, will be coming to VA with her kids in a few days. Yay! Okay, back to Easter.

Good eye, Ella!


The next set of pictures are from GG's house

She is a pro, spotting it around the corner in that sneaky place!


Craig's aunt Mary made these bunny ears for all of the kids to wear.


Ella with her Grandma

See her in action:


8 comments:

Becky R. said...

Ella's dress is so flippin' cute! It sounds like you guys had a great easter, and don't you love having sisters?

Christine said...

I agree, I love Ella's Easter dress! I also really liked the idea of the devotional, that could be a really good tradition.

Tiffany said...

LOVE Ella's dress! It is SO cute! Where did you get it? How are you doing?

Cami and Juan said...

Polka dots, love them. You guys are spoiled with so much family around! Multiple stops on Easter.

Taylor Family said...

I love her dress! She is so cute. We did the easter egg devotional as well. It was a tradition growing up in our family.

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Hey there! Cute pictures! You guys look great! In person too- so skinny!
Glad you had a good Easter. Have fun with Cora this week!

Janelle said...

your jokes are never lame Lorel! :) I'm glad Ella had a second chance to hunt for eggs, I bet she loved that she knew what to do on the second go around!

Pam said...

It was alot of fun wasn't it? I'm glad everyone loves Ella's dress! The girls really looked cute in them.