Saturday, November 30, 2013

September 2013

Sept 3rd: Isaac was excited to attend his first day of preschool (which is called Happitime preschool, and which he calls his "Happy Kindergarten").  He LOVES preschool, and is so excited to go every time.  He has not once been neervous about me dropping him off there, and his teachers say nothing but great things about how he is doing there.  They say he is always just so happy, full of life, and kind to all of the other kids.  He sit and follows directions, but does not really find much interest in arts and crafts time. 




On that same day, about 2 minutes before we needed to head out to the bus stop to get Ella, Isaac said to me calmly, "Hey mom, Eve has a diaper."  Little did I know that what he really meant was, "HEY MOM!!!!  Eve opened her pooped diaper, and is squishing the poop between her fingers and even EATING it!"  Yeah, that for real happened.  I stripped her down to just her diaper, washed of her hands and face, and ran out to the bus stop to get Ella just in time!  Ella said that all of the kids on the bus were laughing and saying, "Hey!  There is a naked baby out there!"

 

Sept 7th:  Eve turned ONE!  I already did a post about it... but here is Evie girl and her mama on that day.  I love being that sweet baby's Mama!  (she might be a little unsure though).

 

Sept 12:  Here is the one of the beautiful views on the way to Isaac's preschool.  I can't believe that this exists only 4 minutes from my house.  Breathtaking.



Sept 13th:  Wear your favorite color to school day.  Don't let her boots confuse you - her favorite color is not brown.



Sept 14th: We spent part of that Saturday at the Downtown Mall in Cville, where we ate some pizza from Christians Pizza, and some dumplings and sesame noodles from Marco and Luca - some of our favorite quick eats.  And that pizza was so delicious!  Black bean paste for the "sauce" with fresh tomatoes, avocado, and a few different cheeses.  It is my go-to.


That same day I also worked on these silhouettes for our walls.  They were a little more time consuming and annoyed to do than had thought they would be, but I love how they turned out.



Sept 15th:  My fancy girl.


Sept 20th:  The next weekend Craig took Ella and Isaac on a little camping trip with our church.  The kids had a blast!  Eve and I went along for the set-up, and hung out for a while, but were just not interested at all in trying to make a baby camp with us, so we headed back home to sleep. 

Isaac with his buddy Ford.

Ella in her camping gear!  Only Ella...






While they did that, I did this.  Bummer for me, right?  (I was only giddy from excitement!)

 

Sept 26th:  Ella had a field trip to pick apples at Chiles Orchid, which is about 7 minutes from our house. Isaac had preschool that day, so Eve and I were able to go and hang out with Ella for a bit!


Sept 27th:  Isaac FINALLY conquered his fear of our tree swing!  He would not do anything besides swing slowly on his stomach for the first few weeks that we had it up, but now he is a fearless swinger... well, almost.  He will only sit on it facing the side.  And only on that side.  He is a very particular boy about some things.  I love the pure joy on his face!




Sept 29th:  We took a little trip to Richmond to celebrate my dad and brother's birthday which is that dad.  For a gift for my dad (turning 65) all of his children/grandchildren compiled a list of 65 things we love about him/memories that we have with him.  I cut them into slips and put them in a jar I bought (which Craig said looked too much like an urn.  Oops!) and he read some of them aloud.  It was a lot of fun listening to him read the things we wrote.  He was especially touched by some of the things that Cordell (who is on his mission in Argentina) wrote, because he didn't realize that Cordell was in on the gift too.  I love my dad.  He is an incredible and selfless man. 

No comments: