Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ella's Big Day!

My sweet little Ella Rain turned the big ONE yesterday!
We spent most of the day at my parents house, since that is where we have been living lately. Craig has been going crazy studying for his finals, so we decided that it would be best if Ella and I stayed in Richmond to give him peace and quiet. I miss my Craig, my home, my friends, and can't wait to get back... but, of course, am also grateful that my parents are letting us crash at their place.
So for Ella's birthday breakfast I made pancakes. She had only tasted pancakes a few times and she always really liked them... so I thought that if she could chose her perfect breakfast it would be pancakes. Also, I was really in the mood for them.
During breakfast I made everyone go around the table and tell Ella what they like about her. This is something that we always did in my family for the birthday person when I was younger. It's something I always loved on my birthday (because who wouldn't love the flood of complements?!), and a tradition that I want to continue in my family now. We also did this during the dinner that we had with Craig. It made Ella feel so good about herself... or maybe she didn't even notice.
Pancake time!
My Angelina Jolie baby
My parents bought Ella this little sit and rock paino and the shirt. She loves them... and even went for the preppy look all by herself.
After spending the day at my parents we were able to go back to Charlottesville so that we could spend some time with Craig. We gave Ella her presents from us (the microfiber chair and a My Little Pony), and went out to dinner.

I love this picture. It looks like they are old friends catching up.

Ella is very tonguey... she is always sticking out her tongue


Here is the chair! She loves it. As soon as she saw it she crawled as fast as she could to it, climbed on it, laughed and bounced up and down.



This is a video of Ella drinking out of a straw for the first time when we were at dinner. She went crazy and probably drank my entire glass of water.


17 comments:

Maddy said...

can you believe they're one??? A year ago I went to visit you in the hospital and made everyone in Labor and Delivery freak out :) I love that chair! So cute! Where did you find it??

Amy said...

Ella, I like you 'cause you're cute, chubby, funny and you wear cool clothes. Love, Charlie

Shelly Beth said...

Wow. One! How fun! Where did you get he chair? I love it and I want something like that for Isabelle! Also, you look like a skinny mini in those pics! You go Lorel!

Cami and Juan said...

I love the chair, the pink is so cute! I'm glad Ella had a fun day, being spoiled and complimented like crazy. How did she do opening presents?

Janelle said...

Happy Birthday Ella! She's a cute little girl. I hope Craig's finals go well and I bet you can't wait to have him back in your guys' lives. Have a Merry Christmas out there!

Rachelle said...

Man I can't believe she is already one, and drinking out of a straw! That is awesome! Lorel you look amazing! We got your Christmas card it is so so cute!!

Olivia Goldman said...

Aww, Happy Birthday Ella! She is such an awesome little girl with such a great personality! She is probably going to feel like she has two birthdays this month, with Christmas just around the bend. You'll have to post a vid of her opening presents (Okay, you don't have to...). Oh and good luck with finals, Craig! We love you all!

Becky R. said...

Happy Birthday Ella! It looks like you guys had so much fun, I'm so glad. We miss you too and can't wait to see you guys again. Isn't it great when they can drink from a straw?

Tiffany said...

I can't believe that your baby is one!!! So crazy! She has such a fun personality it seems like. This year went by so fast!

Taylor Family said...

Happy Birthday Ella! We wish we could have been there to flood you with compliments. We miss you! Kami is going to die when she sees that chair. Where did you find it?!

Deborah said...

WOW! I can't believe Ella is one! It seems like just yesterday you two were getting married. HA I loved her Angelina picture. She is the cutest! Oh and you look pretty dang cute your self. (and skinny too!)

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Yea! Ella! We can't wait for your party! She's so cute and funny. And good mom, Lorel! You're so cute and funny too.We love you both.

Amy and Andrew said...

Lorel! First things first, You are beautiful! Honestly, I think you are so pretty ahah. SEcondly, Your daughter is DARLING, thirldy my brother and his wife are almost pos they will be there for law school, you guys will have to hang out they are great, and fourth? I am so sorry I didn't email you back about getting your hair done. I just remembered I am so sorry!

Christine said...

I am so sad that we couldn't celebrate with you! We miss you!

Jamie Smith said...

Happy Birthday Ella! I will always remember her birthday is the 10th. :)

Maddy said...

ps, you look really skinny in that pancake picture.... and i knew you would appreciate me pointing that out haha

Orin said...

Haha, the fourth picture down with Ella and Mom is great. It almost looks like she was telling a funny story and Mom was laughing at it. Mom probably heard something actually; you know how she is.