Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ella's Party

Before I blog about Christmas I have to finally blog about Ella's birthday party. Believe me... it was one wild night! I sent invites from the website evite.com to my family and Craig's family. I love it because it's free, really cute, and super super easy for me and also for those who need to RSVP. I sent one to my little brother, Cordell and he responded "I'll be there! 2008 Party of the Year!!! there better be some babes there. and by babes i mean baby. and by baby i mean Ella." Hilarious.

Ok, I just read what I wrote and I definitely sound like I am trying to advertise for them. I'm just saying, it's new to me and it's pretty cool.

On to the party! We had the party in Richmond at Craig's parents house because most of the family lives closest to them. We had lots of good food... including the horrible looking cake that I made. I really had big dreams for the cake, even making sketches of the elephants that I was going to draw on with icing. I was thinking of making it look like a wedding cake with the teirs, or in the shape of an elephant... but by the time I started decorating I realized that there was no way that was going to happen. Cake decorating is for real! You just can't fake it when it comes to that... and my talents definitly don't extend that far. So it turned into a bad looking cake from the early 90's... but it tasted good!

Here are some pics from the partayy:

Ella hangin' with Grandpa Marshall and Christian
Getting pumped for the party!

The Cake! It's okay, go ahead and laugh.

Ella really didn't get super messy. She took consistent small bites
and I really getting worried that she was going to finish the cake off.
Luckily she didn't quite eat the whole thing (we actually took it away before she had the chance), and didn't get sick.

I like this picture because it looks like I'm saying the
punchline of a hilarious joke.

Ella with her sweet cousin.

My brothers and brother-in-law blessed us with their presence.

Ella and Craig playing with her new toys.
She really hitthe jackpot this year!

2 comments:

Olivia Goldman said...

Lorel, I honestly LOVE the cake you made! It's super cute! Looks like Ella had a blast!

Anonymous said...

I have to tell you all that the oreo balls were great! Thanks Lorel!