Thursday, January 29, 2009

She Walks!

Yes, it is true. Ella is a walking machine. Well, not quite a walking machine, but she can walk longer distances now (from my parents kitchen to the opposite end of their living room) and if she falls down, she will pick herself up and keep on going! I am happy that she finally has more of a desire to walk! I wish I had a video to show you all, but I am without my camera... so you'll just have to take my word for it :)

I am on the Enrichment Committee at church... so I am supposed to help come up with activities for the ladies that will be fun and uplifting. I didn't have any ideas, so I asked a few family members to help, and my sister did something really fun in her ward. It was an activity where every person brought their favorite thing wrapped. These things ranged from makeup, to cleaning products, to books, to candy... whatever. Then there would be an elephant gift exchange, and the when the persons item was opened they would talk about why they love that item so much. I thought this was such a fun idea!!! Unfortunately it didn't pass the critics... so instead, I decided that I should share some of my new favorite things with you!

This is wet/dry eye shadow from Physicians Formula. So it is at any drug store, grocery store, super store. I love this stuff! You just run the sponge under water, brush over the color, and apply. It makes the eye shadow shimmery and easy to blend with the other colors.
That's right... As Seen on TV, Billy Mays style! Not only does he have the best infomercials known to man, but he also has the best products!!! Okay, maybe I am exaggerating just a little, but I seriously do love his Hercules Hooks! I have been meaning to hang things in our townhouse for a while, but just haven't really gotten around to it because I hate nailing or screwing things into the walls... the holes they leave are always so big and I never feel like they will hold a lot of weight- and then I found my solution (do I sound like I should be on his infomercial yet?). I got them from Bed Bath and Beyond the other day... I just pushed it in the wall with my hand, it hooked around the inside of the wall, it only leaves a TINY pin hole... and it easily held the super heavy mirror I was hanging. Sweetness.

I have been wearings scarfs constantly this winter. I love how you can wear a shirt that isn't very nice looking, cover it up with the scarf, and you look like a put together person! Also, they can be wrapped around the neck, tied, looped, whatever... you can get many looks with a simple scarf, and of course they keep a sista warm!
One of my favs! This is a Wall Flower from Bath and Body Works. I have used the glade plug-ins in the past, but the smells weren't nearly as nice... and the main reason that I stopped using them was because they advertised that they would last 8 weeks! No way... the oil would be totally gone by week 3. So I switched over to the Wall Flower... the smells are soooo good, plus they seriously do last at least 8 weeks, they aren't overpowering, AND I don't get sick of the smell! It smells like a candle rather than a plug-in. Right now I am using the Cinnamon and Vanilla scent.

There they are. Feel free to post about your favorite things on your blogs... it's always nice getting new ideas!

6 comments:

Maddy said...

i think I will post about some of my favorite practical things too... i love your scarves and we also use the wall flowers. They are definitely better! I don't remember which scent I use, but I'm gonna go look at it. Thanks for coming over today! Ella and Britton really hit it off...

Cami and Juan said...

Hmm I just passed up those Wall Flowers at the last sale, I will have to get some now.

Amy said...

She's walking?? Maybe she just needed a change of scenery to get motivated.

Becky R. said...

Way to go Ella! I didn't know you weren't here, when are you coming back? I like your favorites list! I'm sorry your idea didn't fly for enrichment night though. I have more to say on that, but I won't. :)

Taylor Family said...

I'm so jealous. I can't wait for Alyssa to start walking. Maybe seeing Ella will inspire her. We missed you today!

Christine said...

I am so xcited about Ella! I can't wait to see her walk! I hear the enrichment committee critics are pretty hard to please