Thursday, December 31, 2009

4 Years!



Yep, we've been married for 4 years now (as of yesterday)... and I have to say that they have been a pretty good 4 years! I feel very blessed to have such a kind, loving, hardworking, strong, and faithful husband. Love you, Craig! Here is a look into our past:

Here are Craig and I at a Valentines Day dance when I was 14 and he was 16. We always liked each other and were friends, but never made anything happen until after his mission. He once told me when we were talking on IM (yes, that was our primary way of talking to all of our friends back in the day) that we couldn't date then because he wanted to marry me someday and didn't want to ruin it with a high school romance. Of course I thought he was just making an excuse.

We are very similar.
We have both been caught in weird places, by people with cameras...


...and have both gone through phases where we take a bunch of pictures of ourselves.

Here is Craig in highschool with his best Joe Dirt look

And here I am pimpin' it with my robot friend, Gemma

Dating
EngagedHere is one of the original engagement pictures we sent our families. They hadn't seen us for a few months, so they thought Craig just decided to have a new look with his hot mustache and mullet. Classic.

... and finally MARRIED! December 30th, 2005

10 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

LOL! I remember that mullet picture. Classic! Love your wedding pics too, they are beautiful. Time flies huh? It seems like yesterday we were working at {gay} CMS and you were being a typical crazy person. Wow. We REALLY need to get together. Seriously, I should drive with the girls and stay with you for a day or two in the next month or so?

Becky R. said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! You're such a cute couple, and you really do fit together perfectly! (Craig looks really young in your engagement picture! :)

Janelle said...

Congratulations guys!

Rachelle said...

Time has gone by so fast! I love all of the pictures!! Happy Anniversary!!!

Lara said...

ah happy anniversary! you two are the perfect couple!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Congrats guys! Fun post and great pictures!

Taylor Family said...

Congrats you two! I love the photo of you at the Valentine dance. You haven't changed that much. I loved the Christmas photos as well. We can't wiat to see you guys!

Cami and Juan said...

I love that you sent out a mullet picture! You guys are so cute and I feel privileged to have known you your whole marriage.

Jaime said...

Lorel - you were absolutely beautiful on your wedding day - I LOVE that dress!!! I'd love to see more pics! I hope you guys are well...and hope to see you soon!

Maddy said...

craig is an amazing joe dirt. he pulls it off reeeaally well. haha