I just wanted to write a quick post about some things that don't really go together, but I would like to remember them in case I ever take the time to make a photo book from my blog (which I have been wanting to do forever, but just haven't found the time).
Craig and I had the opportunity of going to the beautiful wedding of one of his good friends from high school here in Charlottesville on New Years Eve. We were both pretty excited because we had never attended a Catholic wedding (I have only attended a friends mass once, and a couple of first communions). The bride and the groom were beautiful, and the reception was filled with a ton of good food and fun. Since I am pregnant and I love food (not like I don't normally... I always love food) - It would be wrong of me not to highlight it. There were a couple of antipasti tables filled with fine cheeses, fruit, crackers, seasoned mushrooms - all out of this world. Then a craving station with roast beef and pork, a pasta station, and buffet station. Let me just tell you - I was in heaven!
After the food there was dancing to their live band until midnight, countdown to the New Year, and little more dancing, then cheering on the bride and groom as they ran the heck out of there. When there was only about an hour left in the night I was finally able to get Craig to dance with me! He is a great dancer, and will slow dance... but when it comes to fast dancing he isn't too comfortable. Luckily he realized that it would make me happy and did it anyway. Yay!
It was a beautiful wedding and reception - and just so much fun to actually get really dressed up all fancy! I did miss Ella though! Craig's parents were kind enough to watch her for the night and even brought her back up to c-ville the next day so we didn't have to drive to get her. Thank you, Pam and Ben!!! The main sad me-missing-Ella moment was on the way to the wedding when Ella's song came on the radio ("Umbrella" by Rihana)... I have to admit that I teared up a little!
I didn't want to take my nice camera and carry it around all night, so this is the only shot we got of us on that night before the battery died in my old camera.
Craig and I had the opportunity of going to the beautiful wedding of one of his good friends from high school here in Charlottesville on New Years Eve. We were both pretty excited because we had never attended a Catholic wedding (I have only attended a friends mass once, and a couple of first communions). The bride and the groom were beautiful, and the reception was filled with a ton of good food and fun. Since I am pregnant and I love food (not like I don't normally... I always love food) - It would be wrong of me not to highlight it. There were a couple of antipasti tables filled with fine cheeses, fruit, crackers, seasoned mushrooms - all out of this world. Then a craving station with roast beef and pork, a pasta station, and buffet station. Let me just tell you - I was in heaven!
After the food there was dancing to their live band until midnight, countdown to the New Year, and little more dancing, then cheering on the bride and groom as they ran the heck out of there. When there was only about an hour left in the night I was finally able to get Craig to dance with me! He is a great dancer, and will slow dance... but when it comes to fast dancing he isn't too comfortable. Luckily he realized that it would make me happy and did it anyway. Yay!
It was a beautiful wedding and reception - and just so much fun to actually get really dressed up all fancy! I did miss Ella though! Craig's parents were kind enough to watch her for the night and even brought her back up to c-ville the next day so we didn't have to drive to get her. Thank you, Pam and Ben!!! The main sad me-missing-Ella moment was on the way to the wedding when Ella's song came on the radio ("Umbrella" by Rihana)... I have to admit that I teared up a little!
I didn't want to take my nice camera and carry it around all night, so this is the only shot we got of us on that night before the battery died in my old camera.

And now for the other unrelated news: Ella is now off of her binki, and sleeps in a big girl bed!
We were so scared to take her binki away because she really was so attached to it - only when she slept though. At her 2 year doctors appt (she was 29 pounds, 75% for weight & length, 97% for head size!) her dr recomended that we really try to get her off of the binki because it was affecting her teeth. So a couple of weeks ago (right after finals) we clipped the end of the binki off, which made it totally unsuckable. She didn't like it at all and had one hard night and one hard nap time... but after that never mentioned it again!
Then two nights ago Ella just decided that she wanted to start sleeping in her big girl bed that we had set up in her room about a month ago. We tucked her in, and she slept there all night without getting out until she was awake in the morning. Well, even then she called to us at around 8AM saying "All done, Dad" and waited for us to get her. haha. Last night was the same. She just decided she didn't want to sleep in the crib anymore - made it pretty easy for us!
Next thing to conquer... potty training! Let's hope that goes as well!
Here is Ella with her bed and new bedding that we got for her after her first successful night:
Don't mind the crazy hair and swollen face, she had just woken up.
We were so scared to take her binki away because she really was so attached to it - only when she slept though. At her 2 year doctors appt (she was 29 pounds, 75% for weight & length, 97% for head size!) her dr recomended that we really try to get her off of the binki because it was affecting her teeth. So a couple of weeks ago (right after finals) we clipped the end of the binki off, which made it totally unsuckable. She didn't like it at all and had one hard night and one hard nap time... but after that never mentioned it again!
Then two nights ago Ella just decided that she wanted to start sleeping in her big girl bed that we had set up in her room about a month ago. We tucked her in, and she slept there all night without getting out until she was awake in the morning. Well, even then she called to us at around 8AM saying "All done, Dad" and waited for us to get her. haha. Last night was the same. She just decided she didn't want to sleep in the crib anymore - made it pretty easy for us!
Next thing to conquer... potty training! Let's hope that goes as well!
Here is Ella with her bed and new bedding that we got for her after her first successful night:
Don't mind the crazy hair and swollen face, she had just woken up.

10 comments:
oh. she's so cute! she is getting to be so grown up.. little bed by herself and all.. wow. what a sweetie
The reception sounds pretty awesome! Way to go with the binki and big girl bed, Lincoln loves his bed, and has gone through phases, but now sleeps in it no problem, it's crazy they are getting so big!
I am loving the owl bedspread. Where did you get it? You look so good in that wedding picture, but I want to see a full body shot, ha ha. And Ella, she is so good! I read so many blogs of parents struggling with the move to the bid bed. Look at Ella, when she's ready she takes charge and sticks to it!
I bet you had the best time! That sounds like heaven in a hand-basket. Good work on the binky and big girl bed! She made those so easy on you! No fair! But she's just the sweetest little scrunch! By the way- I love her owl bedding! Where'd you get that?
I thought Isabelle would struggle with loosing the binkie too, but she sounds a lot like Ella. Isabelle has dabbled in potty training but we are still not there yet. Only attempt it if she is ready, or it won't work! Good luck! Love the bed spread :)
Lyssie just did the same thing...with the big girl bed that is. We took her off the binky, but after a week put her back on because we were going home for Christmas and thought those on the airplane would appreciate it :) Now I'm just waiting until she is so good with her bed to take her off it again. I'm glad you enjoyed the reception. How fun!
I can't believe how big ella is! Such a cute bed also!
Kind of fun to have a wedding on New Year's Eve!
Ella is sure gorwing up!
That is so nice that you guys got to spend an evening together! Ella's bed is so cute! Way to go Ella moving to the big bed, it is always fun to see them take new steps!!
I don't think Britton would just lay there so peacefully and pose how to sleep haha. I'm dreading a toddler bed!
Post a Comment