So I bought that boy bedding that I posted about a week ago... and Craig told me the other day that it didn't seem very boyish. So I went to target, bought some frames from the dollar spot (pack of three), filled them with boy scrapbooking paper (airplanes, hot air balloons, etc), and hung them on the wall - the total for the project was just a few dollars. I think it looks nice, and helps boy it up a little.

I also finally decided to paint our dark wooden changing table to match the rest of the furniture in the room. I wish I would have take a "before" picture, because it really was struggling - so painting it made a huge difference. Don't worry, I did the painting outside on our back patio (the day before the snow!) so I had plenty of fresh air. I also added some great World Market baskets to the bottom of the changing table so that we actually have a place to put things for the baby!

I have also been cleaning non-stop (including sweeping multiple times a day, straightening up constantly, making the bed as soon as I wake in the morning, deep cleaning the bathrooms more than usual...) and cooking like a crazy woman. It's really a good thing - but just so weird how I feel like I cannot sit and relax until everything is complete! This really never happened to me when I was pregnant with Ella.
10 comments:
Looks great Lorel! Can't wait to see the baby boy!
It looks so cute! Wow, can you come do our house?? :)
Great work, Lorel! Everything looks awesome!
i looks great! i got those frames too, but haven't done anything with them yet. good idea!
You go! I know the nesting feeling. I had it with Aubree non-stop towards the end. I hit a wall on her due date and then laid on the couch for 15 more days. Lets just hope you don't come to THAT point :) Love the boy room and your cheap finds!
I wish I had time to nest! I have a whole lot to do, but get home from work and just stare at it all. Ha ha, maybe this week the staring will translate into moving and working.
Craig kills me. Wasn't he also convinced that Ella's hair wasn't really curly?
You did a great job! I love the room!!
Good job! Everything looks great!
The nesting instinct is real! I'm living proof three times over :) Love the room. I've been wanting to stop by and see it, but Lyssie has a high fever and I don't want her getting anyone else sick!
Post a Comment