Monday, January 11, 2010

Potato Dill Soup

Here is a recipe for a potato soup that I made last night (recipe from a friend of mine).
I told my sister about it, and she wanted the recipe... so I decided to just post it on my blog. It is delicious and nutritious!

Pureed Potato Dill Soup

2 cloves garlic
1 onion
1 carrot
2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
Better than Boullion veg. paste (I just used the chicken paste instead
since I didn't have the other kind)
1/2 C. fresh chopped parsely
1 C. greek yogurt
2 T. fresh dill, chopped
sea salt and pepper

Caramelize garlic & onion in 1 T. butter and 1 T. olive oil until
golden brown (I just do it for as long as it takes to prepare
everything else). Meanwhile chop carrot and potatoes and add to
onion. Add enough water (or broth - I used a can of vegetable broth,
and then the rest water)) to cover veggies by about 1/2 inch. Add
parsley, boullion paste (not the powder!) and 1 t. salt. Simmer until
potatoes are cooked. Puree until smooth, but don't over process. Add
dill and yogurt, stir. Adjust liquid if its too thick. Add salt and
pepper, or more dill if needed.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

mmmm, looks good. I really wish my family would eat soup!