Monday, October 25, 2010

M.I.A.

I know I have been a little MIA recently.  We have had a very busy house recently.  Craig has been non-stop with school and everything surrounding it.  He is also doing a Public Defenders clinic this year, and has been working on the 3 cases they assigned to him to defend.  So those things are taking up lots of his time, but he is doing a great job at balancing everything and being and dad and husband too.  He has also been very good and supportive of me with my photo stuff, and has been taking over on the home-front while I go off to do "shoots."  I have been really busy with photography since it is Fall and people are getting their photos done for their Chirstmas cards and all (not to mention that this is definitely the most beautiful time of year for Charlottesville and perfect for picture taking).

Here's whats new with the kids:

Ella

- 2 years old... but is already acting like a teenager.  When I ask her to do something she will say "Uuuugh!  Okay-a mom-a!"  Excuse me?!  She adds an "a" to the end of every single word when she responds to me after I ask her to do something.  It drives me crazy (and makes me laugh a little - in secret- at the same time).
- She went to the bathroom in the woods for the first time a few weeks ago (she really needed to go while we were in the car, and we were in the mountains on Skyline Drive... so no bathroom was anywhere close).  She has said many times while we are in the car "I need to do poo poo's.  Can I go in the woods?"
 - She has become really great at playing by herself.  She loves to play pretend... and a couple of weeks ago hung out with an imaginary friend (Cami, this worries us a little, and I think you know why ;)  )
 - Ella is definitely Miss Social (and not just with her imaginary friends!  Jk- that was a one-time deal so far).  She loves being with her friends, and would play with them all day long if she could.  I love that we have a neighborhood filled with kids to play with so we don't even need to leave the house for a good day of playing!

Isaac

- He is almost 7 months.  Smiliest little guy in the entire world, and has the biggest, darkest brown eyes you have ever seen.  He is a sweetie and melts hearts everywhere he goes.
 - He is a major chub... a little over 20 lbs now.
- Expert crawler (army crawl), sits up on his own, loves real food, still loves paper - but will now suck on it until it is soggy enough to chew and swallow - so paper play-time is well supervised now.
- Loves to be outside, and...
- He loves to be with me.  If I am not in the room with him he is normally okay, but if he see's me (even for a split second), hears me, or just senses that I am near, he will scream and cry until he is in my arms.  This can be sweet and annoying at the same time.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I hear you about the photos, I was trying to take a break from photography, but people found out and I have already done a few shoots!

Ella just cracks me up. I think she has a little of your sass. I miss her!

Cami and Juan said...

Didn't I turn out ok? With my pack of imaginary friends and all. It's healthy!

Rachelle said...

You sound way busy!! That is so cool that you are doing photo shoots!! Jack says stuff like that to me too. When I tell him to do something, he says, "shhh, don't talk," and then glares at me, I mean come on he is two!!

Taylor Family said...

I wish you were here to take our Christmas pictures, well at least of the kids, I'm not in the picture taking mood anymore :)

Ella's hair is sure getting long and Issac's eyes are to die for!