There isn't much to post about from the last few weeks. We haven't taken any super cool trips, or done great activities or anything... we've just been doing the normal day-to-day stuff. It is nice to have periods of time every now and again to just hang around the house, I guess!
Here are some of the things we have done at home lately.
DISCLAIMER: I think it should be said that I am not a cute and crafty mom. I SO wish I was... but I am not. I have made the goal of trying to do more structured activities with Ella every once in a while - and it really does take a lot of effort from me, since the cutesiness doesn't come natural. So a few of the pictures below were some of my attempts to have good structured play. It is fun, and I know Ella really enjoys it, so I need to make more of an effort to keep it going. Trust me... it's not a normal everyday thing at all. Her normal everyday play is pretty much 100% imaginative play. Usually she is a mom, a "sweetheart", a princesses, a doctor, and occasionally a witch.
DISCLAIMER: I think it should be said that I am not a cute and crafty mom. I SO wish I was... but I am not. I have made the goal of trying to do more structured activities with Ella every once in a while - and it really does take a lot of effort from me, since the cutesiness doesn't come natural. So a few of the pictures below were some of my attempts to have good structured play. It is fun, and I know Ella really enjoys it, so I need to make more of an effort to keep it going. Trust me... it's not a normal everyday thing at all. Her normal everyday play is pretty much 100% imaginative play. Usually she is a mom, a "sweetheart", a princesses, a doctor, and occasionally a witch.
We made that slime stuff that is solid when you are molding it, but liquid when you stop.
Performed some awesome songs
Made button necklaces
Kids loved playing in the bath together. Especially Isaac.
Craig and Ella built a snowman
Ella and friends made Fruit Loop bracelets
Then ate them as fast as possible
Isaac stored food in his cheeks.
It looks like it should be enough keep him nourished throughout the rest of winter.
and (like last post) just because I think he is cute...
10 comments:
I love that slime stuff. I need to make some just for myself to play with! Is Issac walking. If not, he sure looks like he's getting close. We miss you guys!
His little cheeky cheeks! I love them. Obviously he and Amelia are meant to be together with their matching chipmunk cheeks. And look at all that snow you got, impressive.
your kids are so cute. I can't believe how fast they are growing up! You are such a good mom. You have such cute little girl craft ideas ;)
What?! Seriously???!!! Can they get any dang cuter?
We just made that slime stuff, it is pretty trippy.
Mr. Isaac is so stinkin' cute! How do you even stand it.
Good job Lorel! You are doing great! Cute pics - love the cheeks!
Holy cow, Ella looks just like you!
Looks like you've been having fun. I'm not good at the stuctured stuff either.
Great pictures. The bathtub pic is hilarious! Such cute kids. Fun activities too!
Haha, I love Ella's face when she is playing with the slime, I bet she had so much fun! Issac is standing! He might beat West to walking. He is 17 months, and does not care to walk. Your kids are just so cute!
Very cute activities! I know, it is really hard to organize activities for them...especially when there's a baby/toddler boy who wants in on the action but is just destructive! Anyway, I'm proud of you, I will have to use those ideas.
Post a Comment