Thursday, January 13, 2011

Check-Ups and lately

Before I get to the kids check-ups, I had to post this picture.  A couple of weeks ago, we visited my parents after Christmas (since they were out of town for Christmas).  Whenever we pull up to their house, my dad comes outside to greet us and to help us bring anything we need to bring inside.  This time we had a lovely surprise when my dad came out wearing the exact same outfit as Craig.  My dad felt a little lame about it... but I am pretty sure Craig was dying to go out in public with him to show off their twinner style!


The kids had their well child visits last Friday - Ella 3rd year visit, and Isaacs 9 month.

Ella Rain is still high on the charts.  75% for height and weight.  If she stays with that percentile, she will grow to be 5'6".  Sounds like a good height to me!


Isaac - 50% for both height and weight (21.5 lbs).  This was a little surprising to me since I feel like he is such a chunk... but maybe it's just all in the cheeks! 

and just a little info on Isaac since I want to remember what was going on with him at this age... and for some reason cannot seem to find time to write these things in his baby book for the life of me!

At 9 months Isaac:

-has two teeth on the bottom, and 4 teeth on the top
-eats what we eat, unless, obviously, it is too hard for him to handle
-still does not sleep completely through the night anymore (ugh!)... wakes up around 5 or 6am to eat
-says "bye bye" and waves, has also said "mama" and "dada" - but not regularly
-plays ball - throws the ball back and forth and has been for probably 2 or 3 months
-can stand on his own for a few seconds at a time
-laughs and claps his hands when he is happy, excited, or does something he thinks is impressive
-screams a lot for fun


and a few random pictures

Ella loves playing with her dollhouse, wooden play food, and friend (who I watch every afternoon)


bundled up for a little nature walk


Ella was upset that I walked away with the stroller... I guess she wasn't in the mood for nature "walk."


I think maybe he is tired of me always kissing him.  But how could I not?!


and just because he is cute...


9 comments:

Lenore said...

Lorel... I had so many things to say until I saw that last picture and giggled/cried my eyes out at the same time. How in the world is it possible for a baby to be so cute??!!! Ella is of course gorgeous and adorable too! i love the shot of you kissing I I. Oh, and LOVE the one of Craig and Dad! Ha ha! So awesome!

Taylor Family said...

Your Dad is stylin! My Dad, not so much :) I love seeing what the kids have been up to. I sure miss you guys.

Cami and Juan said...

That's the best, Craig and your dad. Craig kept it young with the popped collar. Oh Isaac and his chunk. He is adorable.

Becky R. said...

That's a great picture, Craig looks super excited about it! :) Your kids are so dang cute!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

The twinner picture is a winner for sure! Too funny- it is a nice shirt though and they both look good in it. That's funny though. Cute pictures of the kids- they really are adorable.

Deborah said...

I love everything about this post! I love that Craig and your dad matched and I love hearing about your two beautiful children and I love you!

Rachelle said...

I love Issac's face when you are kissing him, to cute! It is crazy how different kids grow, West only weighs 20 pounds, and he is a pig!

Pam said...

What can I say? They are adorable!

Christine said...

Gorgeous, Gorgeous children.

The pic of the matching sweaters gave me a giggle!