We had a really great Christmas this year! After our big Christmas Eve at Craigs parents, we stayed the night and had Christmas morning with them too.
Ella was pretty pumped up for the big reveal in the morning, and definitely showed no disappointment! Her big gift this year was a doll house, with cute little furniture and and elephant family. A neighbor of my parents gave us the old wooden doll house and furniture (used to be their daughters... now the daughter is in college), and we just fixed it up. I am really happy with how it turned out... especially since I didn't go out to get special paint colors for it - I just used what I already had!
Here is a picture of Ella's loot:
and Isaac's
She was a very happy little girl that morning
Isaac also had a very satisfying morning!
Here is the inside of Ella's doll house. Isn't it adorable? I love the little family.
Here is my big present (dont mind the weird about-to-talk look on my face). I fell in love with this wool coat a couple of months ago... Craig and his mom went in on it for me.
Craigs big gift this year was a GPS - he was very happy about that as well. Now he will be able to get to places (that he should already know how to get to anyway) without asking me for directions! Jk, Craig! (but kind of not just kidding) Love you!
I made these cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. This is a really great cinnamon roll recipe! Make them sometime - you wont regret it!... well, until you gain 5 pounds with every bite you take.
Ella took the cinnamon roll eating job very seriously
and somehow Isaac watched us all eat them without begging to get in on the action
The kids with their Grandpa
After presents and breakfast we headed back up to Charlottesville, and had my brother, Orin, spend the day with us. It was so much fun and we are so happy that he was able to make it out. It started snowing, though, so he didn't get to stay as long as we had hoped... and unfortunately we didn't take any pictures with him!
We had a really wonderful and fairly relaxing Christmas. We look forward to my parents getting back so we can spend a little time with them. I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas as well!
9 comments:
Kami got a doll house as well! I'm glad you had a great Christmas!
Sounds like a great Christmas. Isn't it so much fun with kids? I got Sam the same car ramp and ball, and I got a coat too-it all sounded so familiar! :) Merry Christmas! (And, lucky you, you got snow on Christmas!)
Thanks for sharing your day with us! It made our day alot more fun!
such a sweet little family. jake got the same little car thing. I guess Santa knows what those little baby boys like!
such a sweet little family. jake got the same little car thing. I guess Santa knows what those little baby boys like!
And yes, those cinnamon rolls were delicious!
I love your coat, way cute! I can't believe how big Issac is getting. Your kids are just adorable! And the doll house is so cute!
The doll house is awesome! You guys did a great job fixing it up. Fun times!
What a great Christmas! And I love Ella's doll house and the little elephant family. What a lucky gal. I love your coat (and you look great!!).
Post a Comment