Here we are in front of Colonial Downs
On the tour, checking out the horses,and being taught what kind of horse is the best to bet on. We took it all in, because we were determined to win big money.
This number ended up being the big one of the night. Almost every number 4 horse won!
Our friends Maddy and Bryce. We really had a blast with them!
About to cross the finish line
On the ride around the tracks.
What a great night! So to answer the question on everybody's minds... none of us won a thing! It was really ridiculous actually. All four of us bet on the same race. I'm pretty sure there were 8 horses total, and we each picked a different horse. On our bets we said that the horse we picked would win either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place... and guess what... None of our horses placed at all! What the heck?! It's a good thing we aren't big betters in life!
P.S. Today is Craig's 28th b-day! Happy Birthday, Love, I think it was a good one! But I think he'll be able to enjoy his 29th year of life more next Thursday when the bar is over!!!







4 comments:
Happy Birthday to Craig! I can't wait for the Bar to be over for him. Huge relief!
How fun is that!!!??? I've always wanted to go to a horse race. We were tempted to go to the one in cville, but after seeing pictures of everyone drunk and passed out the first year, we opted out.
That sounds awesome! I too have always wanted to go to a horse race, but we have a race track right behind our house, so maybe we'll get a chance one of these days! Happy Birthday Craig, that was really nice of you to take time off from studying to take your wife out! Good luck on the bar, and celebrate when it's over!
Did you and Maddy plan to wear your hair the same way and Craig and Bryce to both be sporting some facial hair growth? Sorry you didn't win anything. Maybe next time :)
Post a Comment