Sunday, August 7, 2011

All About Isaac

I haven't written details about the kids in quite some time.  And since I am no good at keeping a journal, or writing down info in baby books about them, I think this is my best bet for remembering the little details.

All about Isaac. 16 1/2 months old.


The best and most accurate word to describe Isaac is "stinker."  I used to laugh when people would call kids stinkers, and I thought it sounded like such an old person thing to say.  But really - he's just the epitome of a little stinker.  Here is Isaac in a nutshell:

- He is funny and playful.  He knows how to play pranks, and knows when we are teasing him, and he laughs all the time. He plays along with us when we say "raise your hand if...", and always raises his hand... Sometimes he is serious about it, and sometimes he is being funny (and sometimes he doesnt even get what we say but raises his hand as if he did).  Sometimes we will say "raise your hand if you have stinky armpits!" And he will shoot his hand in the air and laugh.  
- He loves "The Wheels on the Bus"
- He gets into things like crazy, he is an expert climber, and he uses anything as a stepping stool.
- He loves to dance, and can often be found (if I let him out of my sight for more than 30 seconds) standing on the dining room table and "dancing" (bobbing up and down) with a massive grin on his face.
- He has sung his first song and it is pretty much in tune.  Unfortunately, the song is nothing to be proud of.  It's the chorus part "Oh oh oh oh uh oh" in the Britney Spears song, Till the World Ends.
- He loves planes, trains, and anything with wheels and makes them say "vroom" when he plays with them.  and I don't remember teaching him that.  I guess it came natural.
- He is a very friendly boy who gives his smiles out freely and waves and says "hi" to all around him.
- He is a bit aggressive.  We are working on him giving "soft touches."  He will act like he is about to do something super sweet/loving/gentle, then will smack you in the face, pull your hair, or rip your glasses off (while doing this he will either have a huge smile on his face, or a very serious intense stare - either way, it makes me need to force down a laugh).
- He is fearless, and it is sometimes scary.
- He loves water (example of fearlessness).  We were at the Great Wolf Lodge a couple of weeks ago, playing in the small kid water area (the water came up to his waist), and he would just dive face-first into the water.  He would also, when someone was right beside him, bend his legs, and fall back, going all the way under the water.  Then we would quickly pull him up and he would laugh so hard!  This happened multiple times.  Needless to say, he is watched like a hawk every time he is near water.
- He is also the sweetest/most adorable little thing I could have asked for.  He loves to give us kisses, blow kisses, and cuddle up to us regularly.  He melts our hearts.
- He holds pencils/pens/crayons the right way, and really enjoys sitting next to Ella on their little picnic table and drawing (well, he scribbles and she draws) with her.  I looks like he might be left-handed.  
- I've said this before, but apparently his nationality is up in the air.  Many people don't believe that he really is Caucasian.  He even has a Mongolian Birthmark on his back at the base of his spine... which is VERY uncommon for white people.  I took him to the Dr. for his 15 month check-up about a month ago, and he was really shocked to see it (it was our first visit with this certain dr).  He said it is very common in Asian, Indian, Hispanic, and African races, but much harder to find in Caucasians.  Pretty crazy, huh?
 - At his last Dr's visit he was in about the 45% for height and weight, and 90% for head.
- He understands the things we say, and he just gets it, even though he really only says a few words (mama, dada, Ella, hi, bye, duck, ball... maybe a few more, but not much more).  

Our little I-guy has brought more joy into our lives than we ever imagined possible.  Yes, he is a stinker, but he's got an irresistible charm that goes along with it.  I mean really - scroll up and look at that picture one more time.  How could we not hug/kiss/squeeze...gnaw on (disturbing image?  Maybe.  But those animal instinct are kickin' in) him on an all-the-time basis?  He's our little dream boy.       
 

4 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

He is just the cutest thing. What a sweet boy. What a little dare devil with the water! It is amazing how much we have to watch them at this age, makes me wonder how some kids stay alive.

Lenore said...

Your little "poly" ( pollinesean) child!! So funny! You should just have a ready picture of Craig at all times! No- this is my husband!! :) I love that little isaac boy. He is so sweet and precious!

Becky R. said...

He is super cute, and sounds like a typical boy!

Taylor Family said...

I'd never heard of a mongolian birthmark. Crazy! He is super cute. It seems like just yesterday I was holding him as a newborn!