I was feeling pretty sweet cruising down the road (... leaving the park with my kids), windows down (ac is broken), listening to the latest hits on the radio (the light rock station)... okay, wow, I am not sounding awesome or sweet yet - but trust me, it's coming. The DJ got on the radio and said they had a family four pack of tickets to the UVa men's soccer game for that night that they were giving away to the first caller. Well, Craig and I have decided that if we are ever in the car when a giveaway is happening, then we might as well try to win whatever it is. So I called up the radio station, was the first caller, and won the tickets! I am awesome right? ha! Okay, I very well could have been the only caller, but who cares? It gave us something different to do, some quality time together, and it was free... plus Craig loves soccer, so he really was excited about it. Also, we are loving the fact that Craig is no longer a student and we can do things like this without having the stress of homework looming over him.
The soccer game was a blast, and the weather was absolutely perfect. We laid out a blanket on the grassy hill side of the field, ate popcorn, enjoyed the weather, enjoyed the game... but mainly enjoyed watching the kids play.
That really is the life, you know? Sitting close to your spouse, laughing together, and watching the kids run around and have a good time without a care in the world.
Remember when i said we ate popcorn? What I really meant was that mainly Ella ate popcorn.
And a lot of it!
Isaac running down the hill, and Ella rolling down the hill.
Then Isaac tackled Ella when she made it to the bottom
What a gorgeous night!
... The next day the same radio station was doing a Stevie Nicks ticket giveaway. I didn't win.















4 comments:
I love your description of yourself, ha ha you are hilarious. Windows down, soft rock. Sounds familiar over here. We can be cool moms together. It looks like you guys have some pretty nice weather.
Way to go, you are awesome! And, I'm glad to see you got your backyard cleaned up!
That does look perfect. Ella reminds myself of me with a bucket of popcorn. Good to the very last kernel!!!
You guys are good at winning stuff!
Post a Comment