Today was Ella's first day of preschool. It was a day that I was excited about for her for a while now, then suddenly last night it became the day I dreaded. Last night when I was thinking about her going to school without me being there to protect her every step of the way, made me a little sad.
I dropped her off this morning, and she ran into the classroom without even looking back... and it's a good thing, because if she did look back she would have just been embarrassed by her psychopath mom with a crazed/confused face (didn't know if I should cry or laugh) watching her for a good 5 minutes.
So I have to admit that the three hours with just one child wasn't bad. It was actually really great and productive. It was especially nice to have some one-on-one time with Isaac. As for Ella, it seems like she really had a great time. I really love the preschool that we decided to go with for her, and think it will just be the perfect fit. I am especially excited for her to learn some new things, make new friends, and have some time to interact with other children without me. She was SO ready for this.
Here are her first day of school pictures. I asked her to show me her prettiest smile.
This is what I got...
After she got that out of her system, I got a legitimate one.



7 comments:
Look at Ella all grown up and starting preschool! She is just so adorable! And, even though I have not been through this yet, I am certain your reaction to her leaving was how any good, normal mom would react. And, I love her outfit! So cute!
She looks ready! I'm so glad she ran right in and didn't look back, that has to make it easier for you. We are coming up on Amelia's first time in nursery, hope she is as good as Ella with preschool.
Ha ha, love her pictures. I can't believe she is in preschool, time flies. I know I will bawl like a baby when we put jack in school.
Making weird faces in pictures? Who does that?
She is so cute. She is so big and grownup.
Too cute, where is she going to preschool? I too miss them, but also love a couple hours to get more done.
Great job, it's hard to watch them go do something new without you there protecting them-I know the feeling well. Isn't it nice to go shopping with only one child again though... :)
Post a Comment