Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Christmas Day 2011

What?  It's only the end of February... I'm not that far behind, right???  Ill try my best to remember the details.

We had a fabulous Christmas day.  It was our first Christmas morning with just our little family, and our first year having a real Christmas tree (and my first time ever having a real tree that I can remember). 

Here is our tree.  I loved it.  It was so pretty and full and the perfect size for our house.  A big upgrade from our $15 Big Lots tree, I would say.  I'm converted to real trees... for the time being.
 Christmas morning at the top of the stairs, waiting for Craig to see if Santa came.  Great angle for us all.

 Excited kids checking out their stuff.  We tried to stick with the little gift advice, "Something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read," and didn't get much more than that.  So we did okay this year!  And of course, Santa brought the kids one or two things each.  


Craig got some books that he had been wanting, and some clothes... and he had me convinced that I had nothing to open that morning.  He said that he bought me something small, but that it hadn't come in the mail yet.  So I tried to hold back my disappointment, because I didn't want to be a brat about it.  But the child inside of me kind of wanted to cry anyway!  Something came later... but not until a bit later.

Next stop... back to Richmond (for the third time in three days.  Ha!) to visit my family!

We spent some great time with my parents and two brothers, Cordell and Orin.  The kids opens some gifts, Craig and I opened some gifts, we gave some gifts... and then, there happened to be one more gift tucked away behind the tree for me from Craig.  A seriously amazing new lens for my camera.  I had been wanting this lens for a while but knew it would be impossible to get for a while.  It has been a lot of fun to use, and makes a HUGE difference in the quality of my photos.

Here are some other pics from the day:

There were a lot of photos of my brothers being ridiculous in the backgrounds....



 Then we spent some time outside playing corn hole, and watching the kids ride bikes.



 We ate a lot of food, had a lot of good laughs, and just really enjoyed each others company.  Oh, and Cordell looked like this for a lot of the night...
 The next morning, Craig was back to work, and I decided to stay with my parents for a couple of days with the kids... and Isaac had his first real haircut.  He has looked like a real little boy for almost two months now, and this is the first picture I've put on my blog to show it.  This is pretty much my only form of record keeping for my kids, and I have done a pretty crumby job lately!  I will catch up and be consistent really soon!  Oh yeah, and Isaac hated the hair cut.  But he looks super cute!!!

 ... and as most of you know... I AM PREGNANT with #3.  I found out I was pregnant on Christmas morning (but wasn't really surprised because I had felt pregnant about a week and a half before that).  It has been pretty rough so far.  I've been really sick... but I am now 12 weeks along, so hopefully Ill be coming to the end of all of that soon.  

This was probably the last picture of me taken when I was still feeling like a normal human being. Ha!

More info, more posts, more pictures to come.

2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

I need to see a finished product of Isaac and his new 'do'. Super excited that you're pregnant!!! I hope you're feeling better soon, I remember how sick you were with Ella. And I'm dying over your brother in these pictures, especially in the first one when he's cuddling a stuffed animal or something in the background! Ha!

Taylor Family said...

Congrats on #3!!!! How exciting. We need to see a picture of Issac with his new do, and find out what Craig got you for Christmas that you had to a wait a while for!!