Monday, February 6, 2012

Christmas Eve

 This is getting out of control.  I used to be so good at keeping up with my blog!  What happened to me?!  Alright, here are pictures from our lovely Christmas Eve at the Marshall's:


A little bit of socializing before our Christmas Ever dinner tradition: Chinese take out.  Let me tell you... I love this tradition.  Less work, less clean up, and no more overdosing on ham/turkey, mashed potatoes, etc.

After dinner all of the Marshall grandkids opened a present from Grandma and Grandpa Marshall:  ginger bread guys and girls.  Ella slept with hers for about a three weeks straight after this.


Isaac loves his grandpa, and loves his gingerbread guy too.
Craig got an awesome present from our bro-in-law, Danny.  A homemade corn hole set!  He put so much work into it.... it was super thoughtful, and we have had so much fun playing with it!


The kids and a select few adults preformed the Nativity story.  I think Isaac was supposed to be a sheep or something... but ended up looking more like a Shepard.  So we stuck with that.

The sweet sweet angels.

The kids had a ton of fun playing outside together...


... and the adults had a ton of fun playing corn hole together.  Craig got it in the hole on that shot!  And I had pretty amazing corn hole form on mine.  ha!

And because I think he's cute...


and because I think he's cute too...

It was a super fun Christmas Eve spent having great quality time with family.  The kids had a blast, and were exhausted by the end.  So were we.  But we were all pretty pumped for Christmas... and our very first Christmas morning with just our little family!

Here are the kids looking super cute on the way back to Charlottesville.

... and they're out.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

How fun! I love your form, and the look of concentration on your face. I can't believe how big your kids are getting, I Love Issac's curly hair, so so cute!!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Love your post! All of the pictures look amazing!

Unrelated to the post, sorry to hear that you are feeling so crumby this time around! It can be so awful! That is why the blog is more behind than normal. If it is any consolation, you are still pretty on top of it compared to the 7 months behind that I got this pregnancy. Try to stay hydrated the best you can- being on iv would not be fun! Thinking of you and praying for you to feel better soon.

Taylor Family said...

What fun! I love a day that wipes the kids out :)

Becky R. said...

What a fun CHristmas Eve. I totally understand about not being able to keep up on blogging, I have a really hard time too. It's so fun to read about your cute family!