Sunday, April 15, 2012

Beautiful Family

Before Cordell's farewell party, my kids spent a good portion of the afternoon playing outside, and enjoying the PERFECT Virginia spring day.  Virginia really does have the most beautiful Spring season ever.  See for yourself... :)

Ella spent a big chunk of time gathering "flowers" (aka: weeds) for her "collection."  She makes collections almost daily.


I love the beautiful flowering trees.  I can't wait until I have a house of my own,
 and fill the yard with them.


That afternoon, the kids also did some performances for me, Craig, Orin, and my dad.  I didn't get great shots of them in action... because when they were in action, I was way too entertained to take pictures.  Isaac just wore a bunch of hats and did some awesome dance moves, and flexed his muscles a little.  And Ella acted out scenes from Mary Poppins... the "Spoon Full of Sugar" scene is her favorite.  She sang the song, and would walk over to the window, have a pretend bird fly onto her finger, sing to the bird and to us, then let the bird fly back out the window.  At the end of the song, we all clapped and laughed, and she walked out of the room very seriously.  She then popped her head back in, and with her best English accent said, "Now that's quite enough of that, thank you!"  Funny kids.


Then back outside again.  I love going to my parents house with the kids.  They have a great backyard, and a dog that my kids adore... so when we are there, the kids pretty much spend entire days outside playing.  

Isaac is a total hat guy.  He loves wearing any kind of hat.  This one from Cordell was pretty awesome.


Playing soccer with their dad.


Pulling up onions.


I love these boys.


Watching scenes from Mary Poppins I think.  Isaac especially loves the "Step in Time" scene, and sings "Step in time, step in time, step in time" constantly.  


Then one afternoon back in Cville (March 20th), I took the kids to feed some ducks at Boars Head, and then took them on a nature walk.  It was the most beautiful spring day... so of course the camera came along.









I love this beautiful state of mine. 

1 comment:

Maddy said...

this is such a cute post!! i love her collections- britton does the same thing. isaac is looking like such a big boy and so handsome!!! and i love the mary poppins performance story - so adorable. you do have a beautiful family...