Friday, June 8, 2012

Strawberry picking and the zoo

At the end of April I took the kids strawberry picking with some friends. The location was gorgeous, the strawberries were delicious, and the weather was perfect. It was a great little outing. The kids probably ate a few pints of strawberries each while picking... and by the time we got to the register to pay, we had about 1/2 pint to purchase. Oops. I had them add a pint to the total, and called it good :)



You know, just a lot of eating going on.  No time for interacting with other kids.



Craig has been so busy with work lately.  He hasn't made it home for dinner much, and has had to pull quite a few almost all nighters - so it was a great treat for us when he had a free Saturday in the middle of May, and we took a little family trip to the zoo.  The kids hadn't been in over a year, I think.  They had a blast.




Isaac was over the top excited about the giraffes - but when it came time to actually get up close and personal with them, he didn't really know how to handle the situation.


... and then he did know how to handle the situation, and cried.





Luckily, work seems to be coming back to a normal pace for Craig, and some of the big cases he was working on have slowed down a little.  And it is great timing too, because my fantastic husband is taking over when it comes to the kids this weekend so that I can go to the beach with some of my girl friends for a couple of nights!  I cannot wait!  Thanks, Craig!  You're pretty awesome... and I know the kids are pretty excited to be spending some special time with their dad. 

2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Lucky you with a girls' trip! Craig is super dad. I bet Amelia would LOVE a weekend alone with her dad.

Taylor Family said...

Lucky you! Have fun at the beach :)