Then, a week and a half later, I was able to spend a weekend at the beach with some of my closest friends. This wasn't technically my birthday present, but I consider it that since it was so close and a pretty big deal... especially since Craig had spent the previous month and a half with very long hours at the office - sometimes through the night ... and was still totally game with being a single dad for the weekend. (Thanks Craig! You're the best!).
So the weekend of June 8-10, I got together with 6 of my close girlfriends, who all used to live in my neighborhood while most husbands were going to graduate school/doing a fellowship, and went to VA Beach for a Huntwood reunion. We had a blast! We ate a ton of great food, hung out on the beach, hung out by the pool, took walks, ate more good food, talked and talked and talked.... I loved it. It was so great that we could find time for all of us to get together, since we all have kids (and 4 of us actually being pregnant), husbands with crazy schedules, and live far apart now. One of the girls came from CA, two from TX, one from NYC, and three of us are still in Charlottesville. Here are some pictures from the trip.
Before leaving for the beach, one of my greatest friends, Amy, and I got matching pedicures. She wasn't especially trying to get matching pedicures, but I copied her because I loved the color. Amy is one of those once-in-a-lifetime kind of friends, and I have missed her like crazy since she moved back to her home state of TX.
Three of the four pregnant ladies in our group. This was taken before the 4th came out to us about being pregnant :). We got a lot of looks and overheard a lot of comments about our group of preggos. My favorite being, "Is pregnant the new not pregnant?!" I guess so!
Delicious food from our first night. It was pretty amazing.
And all 7 of us laying around by the pool.
It was a pretty great weekend catching up with those girls. Maybe we should start planning for next year. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment