Thursday, October 11, 2012

On our own

Last Wednesday, Oct 3rd, Craig headed off to Utah for almost a week to attend an annual meeting for the Mormon Scholars Foundation, which he was just called to be on the board of. While out there he stayed with my sister, Cora, and her family, spent some great quality time with them, my brother Cordell, and my brother Gibbs and his family. He also spent a day in SLC checking out museums, met up with his mission president, and went to a BYU football game. He had a really great time, and I was happy that he was able to go out there!

Since Craig was gone, that meant that I was on my own with the kids... which I was not about to do! Luckily I have pretty amazing parents who are always wanting to help out, so we stayed with them for the week. We had a really great time. I love all of the space to play that the kids have when they are at my parents house. They would have been completely happy staying outside and riding their bikes all day every day if the weather would have allowed it.

One thing that I am the most thankful for was the help from my amazing mother. She spent a lot of time with the kids, and made them feel very happy and special. Also, almost every night after I would put Ella and Isaac to bed, she would take Eve, keep her awake, and tell me to take a bath. It was heavenly! My dad was super busy working for most of our stay, but made sure to wrestle the kids every night, and tell them bedtime stories.

 Here are some pictures from the week:

Days and days of just playing in my parents yard, and helping papa with yard work.

















Then one day we made it out of the house, and met up with wonderful Grandma (Craigs mom) for a day at the Virginia State Fair.  The kids had a great time... and I am so glad that Pam was there.  She is great, and I couldn't have done it alone!
 


Keepin' it classy.
 

Then one last play in the inflatable pool before it gets too cold.

I know some of you are curious... the birth story is coming, I promise!  Craig will be writing it up soon!

4 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Your kids are just the most beautiful. I love Ella and Isaac together, looks like they are such good friends!

Olivia Goldman said...

That was so nice of your parents to help out while Craig was gone. I like to visit mine when I need a little extra help or company. Living near family is the best! Sounds like Craig had fun. Wish we could've seen him, but it's all good :).

Taylor Family said...

I love staying with our families for a while as well. It's so nice to have the extra help. Is Eve a pretty easy going baby? I can't even remember the last time I took a bath!

Maddy said...

love these pictures and those kids!! I love the keepin it classy :)