Friday, December 7, 2012

Evie's Blessing Day

Our little Evie Cat (Craig's nickname for Eve) was given her baby blessing from Craig at church on November 18th. It was a really wonderful day spent with so many family members. Two of my sisters were in town with their husbands and children, so it was really perfect timing for the blessing day. Our church starts at 1:30, so we had a family brunch before the blessing at the Zobrists home. They are wonderful friends of ours (and Craig's boss), and we were so happy that they opened their home that morning to our families... because there is no way at all that the 30 people would have fit in our town house!

The brunch was delicious, the time spent with family was priceless, and the blessing after was very special. We were worried that Eve would cry during her entire blessing because her schedule was completely thrown off - but Craig said that as they held her and blessed her she just looked up and smiled the whole time. What a precious little angel!

 I am pretty much the most terrible mother in the world, and did not take a single photo of Evie in her blessing dress. Ugh. BUT we did get take some family pictures before the blessing. Here they are!

My family (minus one brother and his family)


Craig's side of the family (minus 2 brothers and their families)


On the right, my sister, Lenore, with her family - and on the left, my sister, Cora, and her family.  I love my sisters so much, and do not get to see them nearly as often as I'd like!  Once a day would be great :)... but we are on a once a year kind of schedule.  I will write more about their visit soon!

 and mine.


Evie brings so much joy into our lives.  She is the most precious baby.  She is so sweet, peaceful, and always very happy!  There is such a heavenly presence about her.  We feel so blessed to have her in our family!

3 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

I just love reading your posts. The pictures are gorgeous. You'll just have to dress Eve back up in the dress and do a photo shoot! It's the people that matter anyway, right?

Lindsey said...

Cute! I loved the pictures.

Taylor Family said...

She is precious! I agree with Cami, you should put her back in the dress and do the photo shoot. I'm sure she looked beautiful.