Saturday, November 10, 2012

Halloween 2012

We had a fun Halloween this year, filled with our usual Halloween traditions.  First up: pumpkin carving.  I carved out the normal looking jack-o-lantern on one pumpkin, and on the other we had Ella draw a face, and Craig carved it out. 

On Halloween, I took the kids to UVa's Lawn for their famous trick or treating that they host every year.  It's a must-do for us... we haven't missed a year since we moved to Charlottesville.  Unfortunately, Craig couldn't make it this year because of work... but that didn't stop me from taking the kids.  We did carpool with my good friend who has a child that is Ella's age (one of Ella's bff's), so thankfully I had some help!





It was a lot of fun, we saw so many of our friends, and the kids got tons of candy, as usual, and had a good time playing in some leaves on the way back to the car.

When we got home from The Lawn, Craig took the kids trick or treating around the neighborhood.  Needless to say, the kids got loaded up with tons of candy! We sorted through the candy, kept the best, and put the rest back in our big candy bin to hand out to the trick or treaters... which was then all stolen by some punk teenager (we had put the tin out with a sign saying to take a few, while we put the kids to bed).  Luckily when Craig drove around to find the kid who took it (and probably beat him up... ha!) he found our tin.  Unluckily, the tin was empty.  It was probably better off that way!


1 comment:

Taylor Family said...

I miss the Lawn! We do the same thing each year at Halloween by handing out the candy we don't want. I can't remember the last time I bought Halloween candy.

I remember bagging 9 bags of leaves from our small yard in C'ville. It's incredible. I miss the views. Georgia is too flat for me.