We spent a majority of the month playing inside, since it was too cold for baby Evie to go outside (and too much work to bundle everyone up to go outside, only to have them beg to come back inside 5 minutes later bc of the cold). I have to tell you, this whole raising three kids thing has definitely given me a run for my money! Here is what some of our month looked like:
Craig and I enjoyed an exciting New Years Eve at home with Chinese take out and a movie about old people. Im pretty sure I went to bed before midnight. Be very jealous.
We played many games of Go Fish
We played at grandparents houses
At the end of the month Ella started her first Ballet class. She liked it well enough, but said that she would rather take art classes next time. Coming from a family of artists, her saying that made me feel very proud of her, and was just music to my ears!
In January Evie tried solid food for the first time at around 4 months old. She had been licking her lips and fussing every time she watched us eat, so we knew she was ready. She did a pretty good job with it right away. She has tried many different foods now, and has only shown a slight reaction to strawberries.
The children enjoyed some Daddy cuddles.
The first snow of the season fell at the end of the month
We moved Ella and Isaac to the same room... and Evie into her own room. It has all gone surprisingly well. That being said, we are excited to be moving into our new house in a few weeks and letting the kids have their own rooms again!
Isaac made wearing a throw up bowl on his head look cool.
... and Ella continued to impress us with her artwork.
Also in January, Craig and I decided that we wanted to go ahead and buy a home! The house search began. It was fun, it was stressful, it was nerve wracking, and we are SO happy with the home we found. I will post more about that during the appropriate month post.
In Janurary Isaac said some things that made me laugh (and that I remember only because I put them on facebook):
Craig: "what is something we can do for Jesus?"
Ella: "I'm going to be nice to people."Isaac: "I'm going to build a rocket ship for Jesus!!!"
and
While listening to the lumineers on that radio Isaac said,
"Dad listened to this in high school- and I went to high school with dad when I was a little missionary. I was a little missionary with a little missionary beard."
And last but not least, my kids showed off their talents.
Next up: February, March, Isaacs Birthday, April, and All About Eve! No pressure on me, but I need to get those done before the move or they will never get done. Stay tuned!








No comments:
Post a Comment