Nov 2nd: We took a little day trip to Powatan, where Craig's parents bought country home recently. It is a major fixer-upper, and they have already spent so much time there improving the place (making it liveable). They have done a lot so far, and have a long ways to go! We are so excited though, and can totally see the potential. Just the outside alone is great! There are huge amounts of flat grassy areas for running around, lots of big mature trees, and some old barns/other structures on the property that are honestly a little scary, but so perfect for exploring! We all had a really good time, and look forward to going back soon.
Nov 3rd: After church Ella came to me with these pictures and said, "Look what I learned about today. So... which one is better to eat?" Oh man, that one is a toss up! I think the comparison was actually: which one is better for the body, smoking cigarettes or keeping your body clean?
Nov 4th: Ella's drawings continue to impress. Check out her fancy name is cursive.
Hair flippy girls
We got this fortune a day or so after Craig had a meeting with his firm confirming a promotion and raise for Craig. Way to get it right, Panda Express! And way to be an awesome attorney, Craig!
Nov 7th: I just cant handle it. You can see the sweetness written all over her face. Here is Ella Rain's school photo. We didn't buy any, but will have this copy to remember it by. (They are just SO overpriced!)
Nov 8th: I took baby Eve to the doctor for her one year check up. Sweet thing is 50% for height, 60% for weight, and off the charts for her head circumference! The nurse had to measure her head twice, and the doctor once just to make sure it was accurate since it was so different from her body. Maybe that is why it took her so long for fully start walking! ... and I was really thinking that all of her little friends had such tiny heads.
That same day I went to The Boars Head to take a few pictures for a friend, and decided to snap some of my cute things also.
Ella is an awesome big sis, and is so sweet to little Eve. They love each other a ton - I hope they grow up to be the best of friends like me and my sisters!
Ella and Isaac also have a sweet thing going. They just have a great time together and just enjoy playing together constantly. Don't get me wrong... there are definitely (daily) fights mixed in as well!
Nov 15th: Pretty baby in a pretty dress.
Nov 16th: We went to Richmond for Craig to attend a funeral, and decided to take a family trip to Maymont Park after. We have always loved Maymont, but its wildlife had never been more active for us in the past than it was that day. It was so great! The workers said that the best time to go was the fall, because the animals aren't keeping themselves in the shade to stay cool.
Ha! I love this picture. Creepy little goat buddy.
Not pictured: The bobcat, up close and personal! We NEVER see that thing. And also the fox. It was great. After that the kids posed on this sign. Then soon after that, we realized we locked our keys in the car, and waited in the cold and dark for an hour and a half for the Pop a Lock guy to come and save us. So that was a pretty lame way to end the night.
Nov 17th: Beautiful sausage and lentil soup. I love this stuff... and you better believe this picture was taken before another handful of cheese landed on it.
Nov 18th: Isaac was running around filled with life and energy this day, until he spotted his blankets, collapsed, sucked his thumb, and snuggled his blankets in his own little blanket bliss. This boy! This day also marked the first day of Craig work trip to Mexico. He was gone from the 18th-22nd. It was totally fine, and remarkable easy for the first few days, then quickly became a bit overwhelming towards the end. I am not cut out for the completely solo mothering!
Nov 19th: I decided to try my hand at watercolors for the first time. I like the drippy looseness. It was fun, and I need/want to practice a lot more.
Nov 21st: Isaac felt pretty strong and awesome in his new TMNT shirt from Grammy, who stayed with us for a couple of days while Craig was gone. It was so nice to have her company and help!
... and this was my giving up. You should have seen the kitchen, it was way worse. I just didn't feel like standing up and walking over there to take a picture.
Nov 22: Daddy came home!!!! Craig is a loved man, and was very missed by all while he was gone.
Nov 26: Ella's school was cancelled for the threat of snow (which didn't actually end up happening), but Isaacs school was not cancelled, so we had a fun little girly crafty morning. It was so nice.
That afternoon we had our next door neighbor friends over for some play time. We also made a bunch of those apple sauce/ cinnamon ornaments. It was fun and made the house smell delicious!
Nov 28th: THANKSGIVING! It was a great day, and I made these delicious salted caramel chocolate pecan pies. Yum!
Nov 29th: We spent the night at my parents house on Thanksgiving. I showed Ella my wedding dress while we were there and she wanted us both to try it on. Three kids, and eight years later, and it still zipped! I do have to say that I was one of my heavier weights we I got married (besides the year or so after each child), but I'll still take it! And Ella looks dazzling and excited!
We made it back home that day, and I couldn't resist this picture perfect moment of Craig reading to the kids. Knights + castles = Isaac's current obsession.
On that day, we also bought our Christmas tree. We also made in into the local paper in an article about this tree lot opening.
Nov 30th: Time to decorate the tree!...
...and bring out the nativities.
No comments:
Post a Comment