You are loved so much by all of your family. I started loving you when I first discovered I was pregnant with you, and then fell more in love with you with every kick. I was still nervous about adding another baby to the family, though. We had a baby girl already -we knew how to be parents to a girl, were comfortable with all things "girl", and could love that girl with everything in us. "Boy" was new territory. The moment you were born and placed in my arms was one of the greatest days of my life. A part of my heart that I didn't even know existed opened up, and was filled to the brim with all the love that any mom could ever have for her precious baby boy. I noticed right away the little swirly hair line on the front of your head, your huge dreamy eyes, chubby cheeks, and the most kissable lips anyone could imagine.
I have to say, it's a good thing you are so cute because it is those adorable features that saved you from ages 2 1/4 to 3 1/2. We had some hard times, buddy. I remember one especially hard day in particular when we took a trip to the zoo and you managed to run around INSIDE the fence with the deer, climb between the outer fence and inner fence of a monkey cage where, on the other side of the fence, the monkey jumped right in front of you, screamed at you, and put it's arm through the fence, being literally 1 inch away from grabbing you, and almost get hit by a car. That was a bad day.
Thankfully we have had so many more good days. It's easy to have a good day with you around. You are our funny (SO funny), happy, positive, full of life little boy! You are smart, kind, and sensitive. You are my buddy, and I love having you by my side. A few weeks ago your dad and I had a meeting with your preschool teacher who had so many great things to say about you. She said that she see's you as a little boy who "has just got it together." In class she said that she has noticed that you are just a really happy person. She said that you are kind, and good at sharing, and are the first person to help another child who might feel left out or hurt. She also that you are a leader, and if you notice another kid in class make a bad choice, you are happy to not follow along, but to turn away and find something else to do. Hearing these things made us feel so beyond proud of you.
You are also one of the most determined people I have ever met. Even at the young age of four! I have really had to learn the art of choosing my battles with you. It is something that can be a challenge to us, but we know that it can eventually become one of your greatest strengths if we foster it in the right way.
You love the tough and the rough stuff. You love knights, pirates, soldiers, anything or anybody with a weapon. You are just naturally drawn to those things. You love playing with your "guys" (action figures), and you love dressing up and playing the parts. You do this intense/excited laughter when you see something that seems tough, whether it be your dad jumping so high that he can touch the ceiling, or the good guys finally beating the bad guys on a movie. But you also have the softest of soft sides. You are a mama's boy through and through. You love to cuddle with me, kiss me, hold on to me. I am the one that you want to help get you dressed, brush your teeth, wipe your dadgum rear, and tuck you into bed. When I tuck you into bed you always ask me to sing you two songs: I've Been Working on the Railroad, and something else (usually either I am a Child of God or Row Row Row Your Boat). You never sing with me because you say that my voice is so beautiful that you just want to listen to me (I am no singer!). While I sing you rub my arm, and you close your eyes and smile, and look as if you are just soaking it all in. And although sometimes I am anxious for my "time off" at night, these night time moments with you are some of my absolutely favorite times of the entire day.
Thank you for being the special boy that you are. You add so much love and laughter to our family, and your dad and I feel so blessed that you are ours!
Love, Mom
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On March 27, Isaac turned four. Isaac was lucky enough to have five different birthday-relations celebrations!
First, Pam and Ben came the Sunday before Isaac's birthday to see the birthday boy and deliver some gifts. He got lots of cool Star Wars guys.
Craig was also loving all the Star Wars stuff.
Then, on Isaac's actual birthday I delivered his requested cinnamon rolls to his preschool class. They were a big hit, and he was really happy and felt pretty special.
After preschool my parents came to visit Isaac and bring him a few gifts as well. Isaac insisted that my dad play with the new things with him, and as you can see, my dad got totally into it.
When Craig got home from work we did our little family celebration with presents, food, and cake.
Isaac requested Panera, which we tried to do - but on the way there someone threw up in the car. I cant remember who it was, but I imagine it must have been Ella since she is not pictured... and since Isaac and Eve were apparently sharing food. We picked up Panera, and went home and ate it on the floor picnic style to make it a little more exciting.
Just look at that face and that smile. I love Isaacs big beautiful smile. And no, I didn't take this picture when he was blinking... he just kept his eyes closed the entire "happy birthday" song. He actually did that every single time he had a happy birthday song. Ha! Funny boy.
The weekend after his birthday, we threw him a pirate birthday party. Craig was awesome, and headed up the whole thing. We did a treasure hunt for pirate gear, decorated something pirate related (I just cant remember what it was!), played pin the patch on the pirate, and had a pinata.
Craig the Brave, held the pinata.
I'd say Isaac hit the celebration jack-pot!

























No comments:
Post a Comment