Monday, March 10, 2008

My Amazingly Talented Sister

My sister Cora is so talented (Lenore is too, of course... but this is about Cora). She has always been into decorating her house and it definitely shows! She has picked out the perfect wall color in every room... beautiful curtains, nice furniture, mix and match frames, random pillows (all over her gorgeous tweed sectional with velvet piping) that don't match at all but TOTALLY go... if you know what I mean. She is into the shabby-chic look and I think she has mastered it. Lately she has been into finding furniture from thrift stores and redoing them so they look amazing.

She found some plain wooden bar stools for her kids, painted them, and carved their names into them so they would no longer fight over who sits where.


Now, this is my favorite! She found this dresser at a thrift store... solid wood, spent like $60 on it and made it into a beautiful buffet table!

I can't wait until I have a house to decorate some day!!! You better believe I'll be calling my sister for advice! Good job, Cora!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

wow! this is amazing! does all of this talent just come come naturally or did she take a class or something? and is this the sister who was at your house when you were working on you painting?

Lorel said...

Runs in the family I guess! But she is WAY better than me. She just gets those home decorating magazines and just comes up with these great ideas. I want to try to do things like this though when I need to get my own furniture. Yes, it's the sister that was over that night. Very cool.

Cami and Juan said...

You explained this all to me but I never imagined it so pretty in my head. She is really good. You'll be just as good at it, it's in your blood!

Cam said...

Hey Lorel! I love your blog. =) I've always wanted to become a thrift store shopper too. You can find so many treasures. =)

Lenore said...

Ok, thanks for your mention of me, I feel better now! I love Cora's taste. She's totally coming out to my new house in a few months and we are going to HIT up the stores! (On my very limited budjet) You should come, too! That would be the best ever!

Maddy said...

wow! that looks awesome! How did she do the letters? How does your workout schedule look for tomorrow?