Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fun in Charlottesville

I am sorry to all of you who have been checking my blog for updates and have not seen anything new in the last month... things have been crazy, and I'm finally ready to start blogging again. Actually, I lied. Things really haven't been that crazy. We moved into our new place in Charlottesville (I will have a post with pics of the townhouse soon) on the 11th of August and we were unpacked and had everything organized within the next few days. So, I've had time to blog... but I left the cord to the camera at my parents... so no pictures. And I'm not a blog with no pictures kind of gal.

So far Charlottesville has been wonderful! We love our neighborhood. We have already gotten to know our neighbors and everyone is just so nice.

Craig has been very busy with school, and it has been quite an adjustment for us. He had orientation on Monday and Tuesday last week. We had lunch with all of the first year law students on Monday (they were all very nice and loving Ella. There are 3 married people in Craigs section of 30 students, and one of them also has a child), and on Wednesday we had a pot luck with the people from his section at one of the 2nd year law students home. It was a lot of fun. Ella had a lot of fun too... people wanted to hold her and play with her and talk about her... and she kept going for everyones beer bottles! NO!!! (When i told my dad this he said "at least she wasn't doing shots from the naval!"... what?! belly shots? please!). Classes started for Craig last Wednesday... and although he has had a ton of work, I think he is really enjoying it. He says that the reading is really interesting to him so that's a good sign. He has been working very hard, and has been doing a great job balancing school and family time. I am very proud of him!

As for me, I've been doing all of the things that need to be done around here, and hanging out with my girl. It turns out that I'm a bit of a neat freak... not to the extreme, but since I live in a place that is a lot nicer than what I had gotten used to, i like to keep it clean. It makes me happy! Also, I decided that I want to live a more active lifestyle. Not that I am normally lazy, but I want to get out and just do more. So we have been going out on walks a lot, going to the park, the library, the downtown mall (it's a pedestrian street with cute boutiques and shops and all)... and I want to make sure I get a chance to see all of the historical sites. Although I grew up in Richmond, I hardly ever ventured to Charlottesville (just an hour away), so there are a lot of things I need to see. The next trip I want to take will be to Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home). And just so you know (because I've heard it mispronounced so many times in Utah) it is pronounced "MontiCHello" not "MontiSello."

Okay, sorry for blabbing. Time for some pictures!

P.S. Craig just called me downstairs because there was a frog on our front door. On the INSIDE. How did a frog get into the house?!?!

-------------------

Ella and I went to the spray ground last week with my friend (and neighbor from across the way) and her cute little son. Ella wasn't really feelin' it... we'll try again next summer!


Ella and Charlie



Ella getting greedy for the camera



Video!

5 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

That's so nice that everyone in law school is so social. Maybe you'll become bffs with those other wives. I'm glad you're adjusting to Craig being so busy. Juan started school Monday and is going to sleep at 7 pm because of UPS, I only see him 2 hours a day. Kind of lonely, but I'm dealing. Good idea taking walks and stuff, you'll have to start a walking group!

Deborah said...

I am glad you FINALLY posted something! I love your face Lorel and I am very glad to see that you are still alive. Come visit me in DC some time yeah? You know I live about 40 minutes away from the national mall.

Tiffany said...

So fun that you have your own new place and everything! I am so jealous! I can't wait to get out of Provo. Ella is so big! That belly laugh is so funny! So is growning up so fast! Seriously, I hope my babies are as cute as yours!

Lenore said...

She so crazy! :) Oh man, so adorable! I miss lil Ella! I miss you guys and I need more and more videos and pics por favor!

Janelle said...

Welcome back to the blogging world guys, we sure missed you. I'm glad you are settled in. Good for you for getting out and exploring everything around you. We look forward to hearing more from you busy guys!