Friday, July 18, 2008

The 4th and Other Summer Fun!

I guess I have been a little bit of a slacker when it comes to documenting Ella and fam lately. So here are some pictures from the 4th when we went to the river house... a.k.a. "the rivah"... like the river people call it. We had a ton of fun. Craig's whole family was there... so 2 brothers, 1 sister, their families and his parents. There ended up being 10 adults and 9 kids... so it was a bit crazy- but it was so nice to have the whole family together. We went out on the boat, the wave runner, and ate lots of great food!

Here is Ella chillin' by the pool. She always keeps it real.

Craig caught a big one! The next day he seriously caught 4 fish in about 5 minutes! My hottie fisherman husband!

Family picture. We match!

and I had to add this one because I think Ella is just too cute.

Ella is crawling!!!...ish. This is a video of her a week ago... and it is amazing how much better she already is! She uses her arms a lot more, so she is a lot faster. We now need to invest in some baby gates... and quick!



So, it's really happening. My friend Maddy and I are starting a little baby business together. We will mainly sell our things at craft shows in the Richmond and Charlottesville areas, and on a blog... but that isn't completely set up. Here are a couple of the cute wipes cases I've made. We are still in the idea phase... but it's coming together quickly and we plan to start selling things in a month or so. We will also have other baby boutique items available (onsies, blankets, socks, binki clips, hair bands and bows, etc.). I'm very excited! And it will be so nice to have something else to keep me busy while Craig is in law school!

8 comments:

Olivia Goldman said...

I love that family picture! You all look so great! Ella is getting so big! I can't wait to have a look at the items you're going to start selling soon. I love the wipes cases! Super cute!

Cami and Juan said...

That family picture is gorgeous! I love it on the boat and you guys are a cute family. I can't wait to see Ella crawl in 3 1/2 weeks. We will be there so soon!

Tiffany said...

How funny is ella in that family picture... so serious!! Haha. I can't believe how big she is getting! Seriously, although it sounds bad, Ryan and I at church will look at the other kids in the ward and say, "we miss ella!" We also miss you guys, because last week we got rock band for the wii, and we wish you guys were here to play with us! Miss you lots, but I am so excited for you guys and Craig esp to start law school! Yay!

Tiffany said...

Also, our new neighbors we don't know... they are interesting. We don't think they are members. But we made progress! Last saturday we were having a ward bbq, and they were walking out to their car and told them to come and eat and they did. And then we introduced ourselves. We are horrible neighbors. haha.

Natalie said...

hey lorel! you guys are so cute! that video is awesome. ella has grown up a lot! and congrats to craig on law school. jimmy is applying to med schools right now. we miss you guys!

Tiffany said...

Hey Lorel! I have totally been craving your white enchiladas lately! Can you send me the recipe? Either leave it here on your blog, or mine, or email me at tiffgates@hotmail.com. Thanks and miss ya!

Lenore said...

LOREL! I miss you guys! MOm siad that Ella is crawling around the house like crazy! Awww! I miss ya'll! Give her kisses for me-

Amy said...

Yay! Now I can stalk you on the internet AND out my front window! Thanks for the playdate today. Maybe we can make it to the pool next time. :)