You know it! Craig and I were finally able to go out without girlfrien'! Our great friend and neighbor, Amy, volunteered to watch Ella while Craig and I went to a fancy dinner put on by RELLS (the LDS law society at UVa) and sponsered by a lawyer from D.C. He rented one of the private dining rooms and treated us all to an amazing dinner (normally about $50/plate, say whaaa?!). After dinner a panel of lawyers answered questions mainly on balancing being a religious person and being a lawyer. It was a lot of fun, with a lot of good food, nice people, and good advice! My favorite part was when we thanked the lawyer for dinner by giving him a round of applause and then hearing him shout "and thus ends the longest hour of my life." Cutie.
On our way to dinner. Thanks Amy for babysitting! We soooo appreciate it.
On our way to dinner. Thanks Amy for babysitting! We soooo appreciate it.

Earlier that day I went to the park with Ella to try her out in a baby swing. She had never really experienced one before. So here she is. As you can tell, she was loving it. She was not bored at all.
This is Ella's face ALWAYS lately. Sometimes it takes everything you have to make her smile... and even that might not work! And other times she can't stop smiling or laughing. But of course the camera is out, so this is the expression I get.So then I tried to entertain her by letting her crawl around on the ground. Well, she didn't move from that one sitting position and just wanted to eat anything that was loose on the ground. Which reminds me... now this is BADDDD... Ella and I went to a law family potluck this week, and I put Ella on the ground for a second while I set out the food that I brought. When I bent down to get her again I noticed that she was chewing on something. I stuck my finger in her mouth and pulled out a cigarette butt! So gross!!! Thankfully, Ella is fine and not showing any signs of nicotine addiction.

11 comments:
britton is being the same way... little stinkers. You are a hottie! I love your outfit! We got our first babysitter tonight... Julia Graham. She's the only person I trust, and she's "family" now :) I'll call you soon about coming up to visit! Tuesday I think?
You know I'll babysit your chubby baby anytime! She's perfect!
Whew! That was a close call with the cigarette butt. They say it only takes one time to get hooked. Anyway, I love your face and miss you tons! If I were closer I'd take Ella all the time! We'll have to get together some time soon while I am on the same coast as you. I don't mind driving down to you, it's getting work off that's tricky.
EWWWW! Of course that is what she has to find on the ground. I'm glad she's not addicted. She is so cute. I'm glad you had a great date night, we need those don't we!
The dinner was awsome! And, I'm glad Ella isn't going to take up smoking!
Hooray for an update! Love that Ella expression
Lorel, you are too funny! I loved reading your entry. I'm glad that you and Craig had a nice date night. Your blouse is great! You two look super cute. Ella cracks me up too. She is so cute and I love the serious face for the camera. And the scowl with the growl the other day was hysterical. I told Danny about that a couple times. We hope to see you guys soon. We want to go to Charlottesville to see you and to go apple picking and wondered if there is a Saturday in October that would work for you guys. I'll call sometime. Take care!
Some babies just don't give into the pressure of smiling for the camera. Judson, my nephew, just had his one year birthday and in all his pictures he looks like he's bored to death. It cracks me up!
hahah whew...thank goodness she is not smoking a pack a day!
Oh man, that picture of Ella on the swing CRACKED me up!!! Seriously, that was Lily. That's how she got the nickname "Stone-face Lily"!!! ha ha!! Then, she became "Lily 2000" when we could finally make her smile. Ella is so GORGEOUS!!! When are you going to come visit me!!!
You looked great for your hot date! It's so nice to get out with just the hubby once in a while, isn't it? Was the dinner at the Boar's Head? I think my dad may have been there too. Ella looks totally into that swing! :) She's a cutie, even when she's bored!
Post a Comment