We have spent a few weekends at my in-laws river house, and have really loved it. It's just such a nice place to go to relax. We spend a lot of time on the point (they are on a corner lot) looking out on the water and boaters and all. Ella loves it too because she spends lots of time with her grandparents and she gets all of the attention she can handle.

Most of the time when we have gone to the river we have been there with not only Craig's parents, but some of his siblings also. It's always fun when they are there because Ella gets to spend time with her cousins. Normally when she is around other kids she is shy, and it takes her a little while to get used to them. But lately when she has been with her cousins she just jumps right into play time and loves it! It's like she senses the bond :) The picture above is of Ella and her cousin Victoria. It was Ella's nap time, so she was in super cuddle mode, and Victoria is always the first to volunteer cuddle with the babies, especially Ella. They stayed in that position for about 10 minutes.
We also took a little trip to the spray ground at the mall. Ella didn't love it. We had to trick her into running through. One person would stand on one side, and another on the other, and we would tell her to come through the spray area when the level was low in hopes it would spray while she ran through. It worked a few times, but she still didn't have a ton of fun. At one point I was talking to another mom, and I thought Craig was watching Ella... he thought I was watching her, so we scanned the area quickly to find her, and she was just sitting on the side on someone else's towel. Funny girl.
Such a pretty girlCraig's brother Matt and his wife and 4 kids came to visit for a couple of weeks. We had a lot of fun hanging out with them, and Ella especially loved being in cousin time USA. We spent time with them at the river, grandparents house, and my personal favorite Paramount Kings Dominion (where I worked in high school as a character. Yes, I was Spongebob for a summer). We were there from 10am-7pm... long day, but fortunately I was wearing my crocs and I wasn't hurting at all. Craig had to work, so didn't get in on the action :(
Ella loved the rides, mostly. She made everyone who watched her laugh because she just kept a straight face during every ride, and only showed her enjoyment during the last few seconds every time. That's Ella for ya!
They also have a pretty huge water park there! Anyone who is in VA should check it out. Everyone was loving it. It might have been the best time I have had at Kings Dominion almost ever. So sorry Craig missed out! Here are a few more fun things
My little brother ready to hang out with friends. It's just his weekend wear. GROSS! He was actually a part of Relay for Life... and for some reason, part of the event included guys dressing as girls and running around collecting money. I don't know what that had to do with anything, but it was a lot of fun! Cordell got 2nd place! There is always next year. Cordell, don't make it a habit. You are not a pretty girl.





1 comment:
And I just have to say she has the cutest clothes I have seen on any baby.
Post a Comment