...in the new Black Eyed Peas CD that was released today! I had such high hopes for this one.
I was so excited when Craig made me a card for my birthday 2 Saturdays ago saying that he would get me this CD the day it came out. Let me just say that I am a big fan! I love their music... and I love their first release for this album "Boom Boom Pow." It makes me want to get up and shake it fast (watch yo'self!). I even supported Fergie when she peed in her pants during one of her concerts. But this CD, ugh, I have to draw the line. I think they were just getting caught up in the hype of Lady GaGa and T-Pain with the use of auto tune, and forgot about their sweet every-song-on-the-cd-is-amazing style. The music on this cd makes me feel like I should be at a rave, flailing around with glow sticks in my hands and mouth, rather than shakin' it the way I love to do. Sorry BEP, it was a disappointment.
4 comments:
Maybe it will grow on you? I didn't like Boom Boom Pow when I first heard it, I hate the electronic voice and the ranting. But now I stop on it when I'm flipping through the radio.
Funny that you like Boom Boom Pow because that songs reminds me of you. Wonder why? Maybe because you are crazy like that :) Sorry the rest of the album is a disappointment!
Seth and I also love black eyed peas. When I listened to the new ones on the cd, the techno sound was terrible!
Sorry, Lorel. I hope you get another birthday present in it's place!
Post a Comment