Thursday, June 18, 2009

last but not least...and also the newest...

Last weekend we took a trip back home to Charlottesville. It was really nice to be home again, in our own place, in our little town. We took it easy on Friday, but then Saturday went out to the farmers market and the downtown mall. I love doing local things and experiencing what different towns have to offer. Charlottesville sure is a good one!

Mall time. This isn't a normal mall... it is packed with only local shops, boutiques, restaurants (all too expensive for me). Unfortunately, they recently sold out to Urban Outfitters. It's cool though, I like that store. I put Ella in pig tails for the first time that day. They were super cute!


Hand spun merry go round

She really isn't always serious. She just normally is around new people and the camera. So not a ton of people experience her craziness.

Tonight Ella took a ride on Craig's shoulders, then whenever we asked if she wanted to get down for dinner, she would act like she fell asleep on his head. She fooled me!

This is her face when tell Ella to smile for a picture. She does this and says "eese!" I'll let her know she shouldn't smile like that anymore when she is older... but for now we are happy she "smiles" for pictures. Love that girl!

She got into my dads markers and went crazy last night. I saw her outside sitting on the ground, singing and playing with her belly button... and didn't realize until I got up to have a closer look at how cute she was, that she was drawing all over her stomach with a permanent marker. It was pretty hilarious.

Well, I did have a video of her showing off her new tattoos, but it is taking forever to load! Sorry!

6 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

I love her whispy hair! And the pigtails are very cute. I'm so glad you went home to visit your cute apartment.

Rachelle said...

So cute!I love her pigtails! Jack keeps asking for me to show him her pictures over and over.

Becky R. said...

Ella is getting so big! How fun that you guys took a trip back to c'ville. Hope you're having a great summer!

Taylor Family said...

It's about time you updated! I can't beleive how much Ella's hair has grown. Man we miss you guys. I can't wait until we're all back home.

Christine said...

Love that little girl.

Jamie Smith said...

I WANT CURLY HAIR!!!!