They live in Folsom (the town of the famous prison from that Johnny Cash song), and it seems like a great place to live. Yes, people just can't have large yards in California, period... BUT, everything they would ever need is literally within 5 minutes. I'm talking about 5 parks (some with spray areas), church, a temple, multiple grocery stores, restaurants, shopping areas, pool, Dave's work. I mean, seriously!
Ella loved being with her cousins. She has a little cousin, Nora, who is just about six months younger, and they spent a lot of time together. Ella either wanted to be her "mommy" or attack her the whole time. They were definite "frenemies."
Other than doing normal mom things (going to parks, pools, etc...) Lenore and I were able to take off one morning and go to the temple while Dave babysat (thanks Dave!). It is so close to them, and here in Charlottesville we have to drive over two hours, so I definitely had to take advantage of it. It was really nice getting away and going to such a peaceful place for a couple of hours. My other sister came for the weekend with her family, and it made the trip that much better! It was wonderful having the three girls together again! We all went rafting one day (leaving the two babies at home with a babysitter).
Then my personal favorite... had a complete girls night! Dave and Brian, my brothers-in-law, knew that it was their duty to watch the kids so that we could have sister time... thanks again! Of course we went shopping (all got the same shoes (well, Cora would have if we found another in the same size) and all got the same work-out dvd) AND went out to eat where we laughed so hard one minute, and seriously cried the next. It was ridiculous, and very much like us.
and picture time:
In the back yard. It is small, but it has lots of stuff to keep the kids entertained for hours. (hot tub, koi pond turned into a little pool with fountain, sand box, tree house...)
I love little Nora's head popping out of Ella's head.

Nora and Ella by the pool
Lenore with the babies. Ella loved Lenore right away (and that is saying a lot!)... or she was trying to make Nora jealous. I wouldn't be surprised.
Ella and Lily riding the train at the zoo
(you can also see a peek of Nora and boy-to-the-max, Easton)
At the zoo. It is a zoo for rescued animals. They are all healthy and normal now. When I told Craig that we went to the zoo for rescued animals he imagined them in bandages, eye patches, limping... sad to picture, and far from the truth.
During our leasurely rafting trip we pulled the raft to the side and jumped off this little cliff. The water was so cold it hurt, so I braced myself with a ninja pose.
P.S... of course I missed Craig dearly, and wish he could have come along!
8 comments:
Looks like so much fun to be with your sisters and do all kinds of neat things! I lived in Placerville for 12 years and my dad owned a river rafting company on the American Fork. Where did you raft?
How fun! I can't believe how much Ella has grown up over the summer. She is such a cutie!
Ella is really starting to embrace her smile! Sisters are the best.
I love your ninja pose, very graceful! Ella is so cute! I love the little curls in her hair! That is so cool that you got to visit your sisters! You look like you had a blast!
How fun! I love spending time with my sisters. Those two little girls look so much alike-you can tell their related. See you soon!
Sisters are the best and I can't even imagine how crazy y'all are together. I may have to hate you all though for being so gorgeous. That shouldn't be allowed. Nice ninja pose!
Too fun. I can tell where Ella gets the posing from....!
Very fun Lorel! I'm wondering which workout video you got...
What a great trip, I'm glad you got to get some sister time, there's nothing like it!
Post a Comment