Monday, September 28, 2009

Funny Ella

Ella has been cracking me up lately. In the last couple of days she has changed quite a bit. I know she has been a toddler for a while... but just lately I feel that she is really a big kid now.

Today we were at the grocery store and she said her first hilarious joke. She would see a stranger and say "Papa?" and then giggle and say "No, no." She did that probably 20 times while we were there.

She has also finally started to put words together. She said "Please help" today when she wanted me to hold her hand as she walked up the stairs. She also said "down please" when she wanted me to carry her down the stairs. What a polite little girl! One other thing that Ella has started saying is "Why?"... isn't it too early for that?! I like it right now because she sounds so old when she says it, but I have a feeling it will get really old really fast.

I think she will be a wonderful big sister. She LOVES babies. Whenever she see's a baby she gets really excited. She also feeds her baby dolls, wraps them in blankets, and puts them to bed. She has held new born babies a few times and gets so upset when I tell her that she has held them long enough. She even tries to hold kids that are just a few months younger than her. Heck, she even tries to hold me sometimes! If I am sitting on the floor, leaning against the sofa, she will sometimes squeeze between me and the sofa, wrap her arms around me, and pat me to comfort me. haha. She also loves to lift up my shirt and hug and kiss "the baby"... my belly... which kind of just makes me feel self conscious because I'm hardly even showing and it makes me realize how not toned I am right now. Oh well!

Sorry, no pictures this time. I will have to post again soon though. My dad did a beautiful painting of Ella a couple of weeks ago that I really need to post on here.

6 comments:

Olivia Goldman said...

How cute! Ella is growing up so fast! I know her and Alex are only 9 months apart but it seems like she's light years ahead of Alex with all the social and verbal skills she has now! I can't wait to see that painting of Ella.

Becky R. said...

She is growing up! Lincoln has never asked "why?", but he is stuck on "where?" which isn't any better...

Cami and Juan said...

That is so fun, she's like a little friend you get to take with you everywhere now. Pretty soon you'll be having conversations!

Christine said...

I miss that little munchkin. I hate the why? question. Claire will ask it until she gets an answer. It especially drives Seth crazy!

Rachelle said...

Ella is so cute ! I love her new game with calling every guy Papa! And asking why, that is pretty funny!

Taylor Family said...

You gotta love the "Why" stage. Alyssa isn't there yet but she's in the bring me everything stage. It's driving me nuts :)