Friday, October 23, 2009

New Blog

I started a photo blog.

Lately I have felt overwhelmed and have longed for other creative outlets. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy, but I have sometimes felt that there is not much to me besides being a wife and a mother. I love those things, but every once in a while I feel as if there is not much to me outside of those labels. I talked to Craig about taking night classes, art classes, or starting up again with an old flame - photography. Craig said that he would support me in anything that I wanted to do, but of course I felt like those things were just not possible right now. To make a long story short, he decided to surprise me with a new SLR camera because he really does care that I feel successful in all aspects of my life. What a great guy!

Anyway, here is the link: http://lorelsphotoblog.blogspot.com/

Remember I am just starting again, from a very long break, and this blog is to track my progress!

4 comments:

Olivia Goldman said...

What a supportive husband! How awesome that you're starting up photography again. Your first pictures already look great!

Becky R. said...

Wow! What kind did he get you? That's so sweet of him, and I think it's great that you want to do something for yourself, I feel the same way a lot! I'm excited for you though for finally getting your camera!

Cami and Juan said...

You have such natural talent as an artist. I'm excited for your photography blog! And I would LOVE to have you take pictures of my children one day. I am jealous of people who can take beautiful pictures of their children.

Lindsey said...

Lorel,

1.) I am so excited (and so jealous!)that you guys are having another baby!!! I hope you will be at Maria's wedding, because I really want to catch up with you guys and see how life in Charlottesville is going!
2.) Jeff does a lot of traveling now with his new job (we live in Va Beach now) and he is up in Charlottesville once a month. If you want to "practice" with your fancy new camera, we have gone WAY too long without having some pictures of all of us done and would LOVE to have you take some pictures of us! We can talk price later!!! :)