I feel a little lame blogging after Craig since his posts were way more entertaining than mine usually are... but oh well! He said I would give more details on the birth and all, but I feel like he did a pretty good job, and there is not much to add. I will say that when it comes to a c-section vs. vaginal delivery, a c-section is way better than the actual labor and delivery... but I would have a vaginal birth over a c-section any day because the recovery is so much easier! I wonder, though, if the pain I felt during labor was a normal pain that most women feel, or if it is a pain from just having a previous c-section. The pain was concentrated on my scar from the c-section... and it was just an intense stabbing pain. I was worried that my uterus was going to rupture because of it, but my doctor and nurse both reassured me that if something was going wrong, then the baby's heartbeat would be abnormal, and it wasn't. It was so exciting to me that it actually worked out because I honestly felt like I would give a vaginal birth a try, but I just knew that I would end up with a c-section anyway. So glad it didn't work out that way!
We are now trying to adjust to normal life, and it is going pretty well. So far Isaac has been a little dream baby. He sleeps for 3-5 hours in a row at night, will wake up to eat, then go back to bed. During the day he has been having longer awake periods... so I feel like he might not have his days and nights mixed up like Ella did (but I am scared that I am speaking too soon).
I took him to the Dr last week for his 2 week checkup. By two weeks he was supposed to have gained back his birth weight, but he actually weighed over a pound more than he did when he was born! He is now 8lbs 10oz.
Here are some pictures showing what we have been up to lately:
Ella went on a little Easter egg hunt with the Virginia Law Families the Saturday before Easter. She had a blast.

She also ate lots of special Easter treats. She was pretty excited to eat the "pink mon" (pink one).

On Easter we watched General Conference. I just love this picture.

Ella gives non-stop love to Isaac. She really is so sweet and soft with him and is always saying "OHHHHHH CUUUUUUTE" when she see's him, his blankets, diapers, or any of his little clothes.

She also loves to make him hold hands, and stares into his eyes often.

Last week we had a little pool party in my back yard. It was a lot of fun... and many of the neighborhood kids just showed up for some pool action. Here are a couple of pictures of Ella with one of her "bff's."
Being silly

I love this shot of genuine happiness.
13 comments:
Wow. You are super woman! pool party, easter, conference.. my life seemed to stop when Caden was born. You are amazizng. Ella is such a cute big sister.
I love the picture with Ella holding Isaac's hand. I am so glad that the delivery went well and you were able to have a VBAC. Good work.
LOREL! I absolutely love that picture of Ella with her baby, purse, and Mommy's shoes. That just captures so much of that little girl that is so darling. I would have you know that Nora is doing the same things! She loves shoes, purses, and chapstick! Isaac's getting to be a big boy, huh?! That's good to know that he's eating enough and growing healthy and strong. I love all of his dark hair. Can't wait to see you in July!
I wish I had plans to see you soon. I think Isaac is just adorable with his big sis. Do you feel like a grown-up now that you have more than one kid? I thought I'd feel so mature after I had Amelia, but I still feel like me.
i love the pictures!!!!!! keep em coming!
Lorel! Ella is so adorable. And i just simply love the picture of ella staring into issacs eyes and holding his hands. It's so tender!
Sorry we missed to pool party. I love how sweet Ella is to Issac, and 3-5 hours of sleep at a time, you're one lucky mom! I hope he continues to be a dream baby.
The pictures are so cute, Ella is going to be such a great big sister! And, I'm glad Isaac is sleeping so well-that's fabulous!
Great update with great pictures. Glad things are going well!
I am so interested in your thoughts about the VBAC after C-section. Would you do the VBAC again? Or do you just want to do a c-section again? I know you are saying it's an easier recovery, but Im just curious as to what you think. Email me tiffconley@gmail.com or facebook me and let me know your thoughts and stuff. Just at any time. Ella is such a cute big sister! And I just love her hair.
Glad your little Isaac is such a good baby! In the pic of Ella watching conference at first I thought the baby on the floor was Isaac. I was like "woah"!. hahaha! Your kids are soooooo cute!
I absolutely love the picture of Ella and Issac looking at each other! I am so glad that you did not have to have another c-section!
What can I say? Adorable!
Post a Comment