Our named son:

Isaac Edward Marshall
It took an entire day of deliberation to come out with this.
Lorel and I both like the name Isaac, and Edward is my middle name.
Edward was also the middle name of my grandfather Marshall and two of my great-grandfathers, so it was only right to keep it in the middle.
This picture was taken yesterday to show the swirl in the front of Isaac's head. I was telling Lorel that if we were to do a descriptive name like in the olden times (i.e. Esau = hairy, or Marshall = caretaker of horses), Isaac's name would be "Swirly-head Marshall." We took the more modern route, though if we had been adventurous I'm sure a few thousand years from now "Swirly-head" would be the new "John."

From the same photo session yesterday.

Lorel and Isaac today (Monday). The picture caught him mid-sentence saying he wasn't ready.

We left the hospital to come home today around 11am.
Here is Isaac in the car.

Soon after arriving home.

Again, at home.
Lorel and Isaac are both doing well and we're glad to be back home. I'm sure that Lorel will be back blogging shortly to give critical details. Ella has been with the Rainocks and will be coming back tomorrow with Nancy. My mother will come to help out as well.
(If it wasn't clear, this post was written by Craig, though it says it was Lorel)
12 comments:
Congratulations, Marshall fam! What a cute little guy. He and Ella look sweet together. I'm glad you decided not to set the thousand-year in advance trend with Swirly Head:) Great job with the VBAC Lorel, that is great that it worked out (as tough as it was!). My epidural only worked on half of my body too with James...they kept assuring that that rarely happens (like that would somehow make me feel better that I was one of the few lucky ones or something). I love that you went to Martha Jefferson...that is where I was born:) Congratulations again!
I love him already.
And Craig, that was a funny post.
Love the name Issac. It's neat to read a post by a father. You give a different take than Lorel, like the name Swirly Head. He is so handsome. I can't wait to meet him.
He seriously looks exactly like Ella! They have the same little lips. I also thinks he looks fabulous, I didn't see any cone-head from the vacuum. Congrats you guys. Wish we could see him in person.
Again, he is so adorable. And that hair is amazing!! Ella and Britton played so well together today and I think they were both sad when your mom came and picked her up. I hope I get to see you and Isaac soon!
He is such a handsome little one! His name is nice and strong - it goes great with Ella, too! Lorel, like I already said, you are a champ. Labor is so hard, and I think doing a VBAC is always a little scary. You did a wonderful job and I am glad both of you are healthy and doing well. Enjoy the newborn stage; they grow so fast! I am crossing my fingers that you get lots of sleep ;)
Way cute name, and he is so sweet. Maybe you could still call him Issac "Swirly-Head" Edward Marshall, he could work for the mob or something. :)
Cute name. I love his lips in that first picture!
Lorel, you are so pretty! And hello, 2 days after having a baby. And Isaac is also beautiful, I love the name. Oh and on the last post I forgot to say how great it was that you're water broke! I hope to experience that excitement one day.
He is so cute! I love the picture of him sleeping so peacefully. And I love the hair. I'm glad lorel is doing well.
He is so handsome. There is no doubt that he is a Marshall boy!
Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful! Glad to hear mom and baby are doing well. Congrats again!
Post a Comment