I wanted to make sure I got a post in about Ella before the baby comes to remember her favorite things right now. I have a good friend who just posted about her son who she described as "all boy"... well, Ella is definitely all girl!
She loves princess anything, dressing up, putting on make-up, shoes, talking on the phone... sometimes when I am on the computer or just in another room I will hear Ella say things like "Hiii, oh ok, (giggle giggle), yeah okay..." and I will see what she is doing, and sure enough, she is pretending to talk on the phone. She loves talking on the phone to real people too, but carries on a better conversation when it is pretend.She is such a funny girl and says some pretty great things sometimes. Here are a few of the things she has said lately that are note-worthy:
- The other day I said to her "You're a mess, Ella" and she said to me "You a mess too, Mama."
- She was coloring in her coloring book with a friend, her friend told her to check out her coloring, and Ella said "OH! Wow, Eliza, that's cool!"
- She is really good about saying "thank you" and uses it to get what she wants. For example, if I am sitting in a chair and get out of it for a second to grab something, she will climb into it quickly and say in a surprised tone "Oh, dank doo (thank you), Mama!" She has discovered that this technique works well with almost anything that I initially say no to.
- When Ella asked where Craig was and I told her he was in the bathroom she said, "Ohhh, hahaha, yuck, gross!" - no, actually is a lot more gross to go in your pants!
- The other day I said to her "You're a mess, Ella" and she said to me "You a mess too, Mama."
- She was coloring in her coloring book with a friend, her friend told her to check out her coloring, and Ella said "OH! Wow, Eliza, that's cool!"
- She is really good about saying "thank you" and uses it to get what she wants. For example, if I am sitting in a chair and get out of it for a second to grab something, she will climb into it quickly and say in a surprised tone "Oh, dank doo (thank you), Mama!" She has discovered that this technique works well with almost anything that I initially say no to.
- When Ella asked where Craig was and I told her he was in the bathroom she said, "Ohhh, hahaha, yuck, gross!" - no, actually is a lot more gross to go in your pants!
She loves her dad... especially when he builds forts for her, dances with her (and she usually makes sure he dances in the right form, with one hand in hers, and the other on her side/back) dips her while dancing, and does the robot with her. She also goes into our bedroom every morning, while Craig is still sleeping, to give him kisses and whisper things to him.Some more random facts:
-Ella knows the alphabet. Not the song, but she can point to almost any letter, tell me what it is, and knows the sound the letter makes. There are a few she doesn't ever remember though.
-She still hasn't slowed down in her eating, and sometimes will eat as much as we do. But luckily she isn't very picky still, and will eat healthy things.
- Her favorite snack is nuts, her favorite meal is "baba cheese"
- If a word is long, she will say "baba" and then the end of the word out of laziness. So she says "baba cheese" for macaroni and cheese, "baba-ella" for Cinderella...
- She has to sleep with three blankets (one on top of her, and one laying across each arm) and her baby every night... out of control.
- She loves friends and playing with other kids - I am excited for her to have a sibling.
- She hugs and kisses my belly, and sings to the baby on a regular basis.
One change in Ella that is not my favorite - she will NOT stay in a shopping cart ever anymore! If she doesn't get to walk, she will flip. So needless to say, we don't shop unless I have a snack to distract her with or Craig is has her at home with him.I do love my sweet girl!

5 comments:
what a cutie. I love these pictures of her at the bottom. I love hearing what little kids say. They are so funny, i love the baba cheese. haha. She's adorable!
She is so dang cute! Love the all girl stuff. Her art work is impressive - Isabelle doesn't even draw faces yet. So thanks for the hair info...I have been planning on emailing you back so look for that, I promise I will do it soon! And please email me any VBAC questions you have. I can totally give you my two cents.
I am still in love with that quilt. I really just need to go make my own like it because I've loved it ever since I first saw.
Back to Ella. She's such a doll. I want one just like her!! I love the collage of pictures and that is hilarious that she talks on the phone!! I'll be surprised if she and Britton can find anything to play with in common!! I need to plan a trip to come see you before the bebe comes.
She is so a mini Lorel in the bottom pictures! I love the cute little things she says, she gets it from her parents and your fun personalities.
Holy Cow that little girl is so adorable!!! In my dreams you and Craig, Olivia and Clint, and Me and whomever I marry all live close (preferably in VA) and play together often. Do you think we can talk Clint and Olivia into moving to VA when they are done with school? I am totally down.
And then I can actually watch your cute little kids grow. I knew Ella would be a cute girl but I never knew she would be this stinking precious! I love you guys!
Post a Comment