Tuesday, March 23, 2010

39 Weeks Down, Infinity to Go!


Yes, at this point that is how I feel. About a week ago I knew that I would have the baby at any moment and just kept thinking "I bet today will be the day!" - but now I am feeling about 99% sure that I will never have this baby, and will be pregnant for the rest of my life. Maybe I am being just a little dramatic... I've just never been this pregnant before, and never have had to wait for my body to naturally go into labor, since Ella was a planned-turned-emergency c-section.

I am pretty excited and anxious to find out how this birth story will end! This might be too much info for some, but really interesting to others, so I am going to say it... I had an ultrasound almost two weeks ago to measure the thickness of my uterine scar from my c-section to see what my chances are of having a successful VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section)... or more like the chances of my uterus not rupturing. The doctor was really impressed with the results. In order for a woman to have the best chances for a successful VBAC she needs to have a thickness of at least 3.5 cm, and at the thinnest part of my scar it measured 4.6cm. So it is as good as it can be! I guess there has been enough time between births, and I have healed pretty well.

I am still nervous about it all since the baby still hasn't "dropped" and since my mother and sister both had to have c-sections because of other reasons, but am hoping it wont be the same for me and that I will not have to go through another major surgery. On the other hand, if it ends up being best for the baby for me to have a c-section, then I won't be completely upset. I just want him to be safe! Hopefully my next blog post will be about the birth of Baby Boy Marshall (yes, that might end up being his real name... we just can't decide!)


Here is a cute picture of Ella and Craig. Ella loves to lay on the desk and draw next to Craig while he studies. This is almost a daily thing for them.


and last, here are a couple of pictures of Ella's "princess hands" and "princess toes." She loves having her nails painted... and wanted me to capture the beauty with my camera.


14 comments:

Maddy said...

i feel like i haven't seen you in ages. so, i'm going to make some plans to come visit you soon, but you need to just tell me when because of the baby and family being around. i can let you have time for a nap and i'll watch the kiddos or something once the baby comes and we can catch up too! i can't believe he can come any second!! first you had a baby with me, then with amy - crazy! you'll probably be having your 3rd by the time i get to have my 2nd! haha

Becky R. said...

Good luck Lorel. I keep thinking everyday that I'm going to hear that you've had the baby too! :) It will happen :) Ella's fingers and toes are way cute!

Matthew and Hailey said...

Good luck with everything! I am excited to see lots of pictures of you little guy!

Christine said...

Love those chubby little feet.

That would be amazing if you could have a VBAC! I hope it all goes well for you. I know how you feel about the waiting part-Claire was 6 days late and I really thought she was never going to come!

You are my time marker. I keep thinking-Lorel is 4 weeks ahead of me, when she has her baby I only have 4 weeks to go. I can do it!

Can't wait to hear all the news, see pictures of him, and hear what his name is. Good luck!

Lenore said...

Oh my, I love Ella's fat little hands and toes. So cute! I know you are really feeling like scrunch! UGH! It won't last forever! It will be sooner than you think! I just wish I could be there. :) Lots and lots of pictures please! (though i know I don't have to ask, you're as bad, if not worse, than me!) Hopefully your body will be nicer to you than mine is to me.

Shelly Beth said...

Lorel, Lorel. I kept waiting and waiting for a blog about the new little one. Looks like he is stuborn like Aubree. How late will your doctors let you go? Aubree was 15 days late. I really hope he comes sooner than later. Isn't it so weird actually lasting the whole length of a pregnancy when your first pregnancy was so different? I am glad to hear about your scar. What good news - I didn't even know they could do that. Good luck in the week to come. Lets go baby boy, be nice to your mama :)

Lara said...

so exciting! i can't wait to see pictures of baby boy marshall ;)

ella is so adorable. she has such cute feet!

i'm looking forward to the next {potential} baby post!!!

Cami and Juan said...

This is the worst part of the waiting, I just prayed every night to feel some sign of labor the next day. You're so close!

Triest and Ross said...

Rel! You're so close! You've actually made it further than I did with Gabe, so good work! I love Ella's princess hands and feet... although they're chubby little toddler fingers and toes (and yours are NOT), they look just like your hands and feet! She really is a mini-Rel:) We hope everything goes fabulously with Baby Boy... can't wait to see pics and hear the name you decide on! Love you!

Katrina said...

Good luck! I hope he comes soon! That's great about your scar looking good for a VBAC. I'm looking forward to hearing how it all goes and to seeing pictures when your little guy arrives.

Tiffany said...

So exciting that it might be soon Lorel! I am also looking forward to see how everything goes and if the VBAC is successful... you are going to be the one I come to when I have my next one to see if it was worth trying. Good luck and can't wait to see your little man!

I also can't believe that little Ella Rain is so big! Where is that little girl that I used to baby sit and she would fall asleep on my chest! She is such a cutie.

Amy said...

You look fantastic -- you're lucky I'm still your friend. I usually have to hate women who make pregnancy look that good. Seriously, this waiting is crazy, BUT he'll be here very soon now and I can't wait to hold him and kiss his cute little fuzzy head!

Taylor Family said...

I know that feeling! I sure hope you have your baby soon. We can't wait to meet baby boy Marshall and also hope you and Craig can come up with a name for him faster than we did for Alyssa!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Very cute post and pictures!

It wasn't infinity, afterall! We just heard that baby boy Marshall was born today! Thanks for sending the pic. He's darling already! We're excited to meet him and hear all about the birth story! We love you guys!