Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Love Summer!



This is my neighborhood. I LOVE my neighborhood. There are so many young families with children - and we play together often. One of the best things about it is that if one person goes outside to play with their child, then other people usually see them from their window and will join... and it ends up looking like the picture above - lawn chairs out, moms and dads chatting, kids playing with the sweet rocket launcher.

Trying to catch the rockets


...then she got distracted and was trying to find the light bulb on the car


Another thing that I love is Craig being done with school for the summer! Things are a million times less stressed, and even though he is gone all day at his internship, we get to have a lot more fun and quality time with him.


I am so proud of him. Craig has made it through another year of law school, and now just has one more year left! He is spending half of his summer interning with the Public Defenders office in C-ville, and the other half will be in Richmond with the Supreme Court of Va. So far he is really liking the Public Defenders job and is getting some great hands on experience. He was even assigned a few cases that he will get to defend in court as soon as he gets his third year practice license.

Another thing that I love about this summer is that we get to stay in C-ville for a little bit and enjoy all of the fun activities that it has to offer! Last weekend we went to Friday's After Five. It is on the downtown mall every Friday during the summer, and there is always a live band, lots of food, face painting...

Here is Isaac enjoying the music (I need to give props to my friend Maddy who made this shirt for Isaac. Adorable!)

Ella getting her first tat... or more like arm painting.
She was a little nervous, but warmed up to the idea really quick once the lady told her she could paint Ariel.



and then a few random pictures from the last few days. Ella posed like this on purpose.




I love this picture of Ella and Isaac. It looks like one of those Myspace pictures.


Update on Isaac. He is a little dream. I love this boy so much. He is such a smiley and happy baby and just the perfect addition to our family. (although, I wouldn't mind if he would sleep for longer periods of time at night...). I took him in for his 2 month dr. appointment last week and he weighed 13 lbs 3 oz (85 percentile) - little chunk! and he is in the 50th percentiles for height and head circumference.

Another thing that makes me happy is that I finally did another painting! I hadn't finished a painting in over 3 years, so I was a little nervous that it would be horrible, but I actually kind of like it! I decided I needed to just do it after I had moved a large bookcase from my kitchen wall (yeah, I don't know why we kept it there for so long), and it just needed something there. So I started during Isaac's first nap, and finished before he woke up! It is just cute and fun... nothing fancy.

(picture taken with my phone)


That's all for now!

10 comments:

Christine said...

Love the picture! So glad that Isaac is a good boy for you.,

Lara said...

wow. is isaac really 2 months already? he is so adorable. I LOVE that shirt he is wearing in the carrier with his name on it. did you sew that?

Ella is so cute. I love her curly hair. Your neighborhood looks like our new one. Everyone gathers at the playground and the kids play while the parents chat. I can't wait for it to get a little warmer here. I love the painting. You are seriously so talented!

Maddy said...

lorel! the painting looks so good! maybe i should hire you to paint something in my house... yes? :)

Lenore said...

I love that picture of Craig and Isaac. That is just classic and Isaac actually looks a ton like you when you were a baby. I think it's the fat cheeks! :) I love those aft little cheeks! So precious! Ella's hair was in a legit ponytail? Holy cow!

Your painting is very cute, very Lorel! Love it!

Cami and Juan said...

I love the MySpace picture. Such a sweet smile. And hello, beautiful painting. Good for you finishing so quickly and of course it turned out so well. You have talent.

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Great post!
I like that your neighborhood is cool like that. I like that Ella's hair is long enough for a ponytail. I like that Isaac is sitting up so strong on Craig. I like that Craig is home more and things are less stressful and that he gets to take on some cool cases. I like that Ella posed with her eyes shut- that's funny. I like that you posted a picture of your painting. It looks great! Looks like things are going well there. And, I can't wait to get my hands on that baby! He is growing so quickly!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Two more things- Ariel tat and Issac's grin!

Deborah said...

I love your painting! One day I am going to get a house on the east coast when I am an ultra rich social worker and pay you to paint something in every single room!

And your kids are getting cuter and cuter every time you post pictures!

Becky R. said...

Way to go on the painting, it's beautiful. Isn't it nice to get back to talents you love sometimes? I'm really going to miss Huntwood, it was a wonderful neighborhood!

Taylor Family said...

Love the picture! I'm going to miss this neighborhood. It is a dream.