Thursday, June 3, 2010

My Birthday


My birthday was last Sunday, and I am now the big 2-5! This birthday has made me realize how young I really am. I mean seriously, being married and having 2 kids by the age of 25... that is just crazy! But I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my wonderful husband, and I love being a mother to the sweetest little kids around.

For my birthday Craig and I went out to the Cheesecake Factory (of course), while my mother watched the kids. It was nice to be out without children and just have grown-up talk. Craig made me a card (without a rap this time. I did ask him if I could post the Mothers Day rap, and he said no :( Sorry) gave me my favorite candy bars, and a beautiful necklace that I have had my eye on. I have been wanting a simple, nice necklace that I can wear every day, that has some meaning to it. This is what I got:


Pretty, huh? I absolutely love it. Now if/when I have more kids I can just add the pendents on.


I've lived a good 25 years. I'm looking forward to the next 73! (Craig's goal is to make it to 100, so I'd like to stay around until then. Is that weird to say?)

p.s. Since some people have asked... Craig got the necklace from a jewelry store called Penelope, here in Va, that specializes in sterling silver jewelry. Great quality stuff... I would definitely recommend them!

8 comments:

Lara said...

i love it! where did you get it from? I would love a necklace like that! i hope i live to 100 too ;) so i don't think that is weird to say!

Shelly Beth said...

IF you have more kids ;) LOL I remember feeling that way sometimes...still do. Well, happy late birthday you oldie! 25 years young, really. Love the necklace. Where did he get it.

Deborah said...

You're Pretty. The End.

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Lorel! Sorry I didn't know until now! I love the necklace and Isaac is getting so big. Such a cutie. Miss you guys.

p.s. I finally got a shirt like Ella's green one from old navy for Jordan. Now she can match all the other girls in the neighborhood.

Becky R. said...

Happy Late Birthday! I love your necklace. I hope you make it 73 more years too! :)

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Happy Belated!!! I wish I had called or something! Sorry I wasn't a better sis- in-law. You look great in your necklace. That was a good idea!

Micah-n-Holly said...

Great Necklace, I might have to check out that website! 25 married and 2 kids! And I thought I was feeling young at 30 married with 2 kiddos:) I got married when I was 25, crazy, huh? Hope your birthday was all you dreamed it would be and more!

Cami and Juan said...

I love that necklace. It looks very chic compared to other pendant necklaces I've seen. Craig has good taste.