Monday, July 19, 2010

The 4th at the River


I know this post is a bit late, but I need to document the 4th so that it can be included in my photo/blog book that I will hopefully find time to make soon!

We spent the 4th with Craigs parents at their river house on the Rappahannock. It was a lot of fun, as usual, and filled with going out on the boat, going around on the canoe, Ella playing in the sand and kid pool, lots of good food, fireworks, and enjoying the perfect weather of that weekend. Unfortunately we couldn't go out on the wave-runner because of the new rule in Va that you need a special license in order to drive one... and we also didn't dare to go in the river because the water was FILLED with jelly fish. They were seriously everywhere! I hate jelly-fish.

But we had a lot of fun anyway!



The water levels were low enough this trip that the little "beach" was showing. It was pretty muddy and messy, so Ella had a good time.



Ella and Isaac with their grandparents.



Canoe time! Ella was a big fan.


Check out that belly! Isaac is a chunk... and I feel like I haven't done his chunk justice. So a post dedicated to that is on its way.

Last is Ella with her towel as Belle and Red Riding Hood. She is a pretty observant girl and came up with these character impersonations on her own. She especially loves looking like Belle. Almost every time she gets out of the tub she will put the towel around her shoulders and say "Look, I'm Belle!" and will smile and bat her eyelashes in the mirror. She will also casually walk by the mirror, catch a glance of herself, stop, giggle, and say "oh hi!" She's a little dramatic.



2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

She is hilarious. Oh hi! I am cracking up. Too bad about the wave runner license thing, I bet they make you pay for it too. Lame. Still looks like a lovely holiday.

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Isn't it fun to take pics at the river house? I'm excited to go this weekend.