Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Proud Moment

Today I was in the car talking with Ella, and this was a portion of our conversation:

Ella:  I have all of my tooths

Me:  Yep, that is true... but when you are talking about one, it's called "a tooth", and when you are talking about more than one, they are called "teeth"

Ella:  Okay... like I have one tooth, or I have a lot of teeth.  Right, Mom?

Me:  ELLA!  I am so so proud of you, you are very smart... that makes me really hap-

Ella:  -Okay, Mom, that's enough.

Haha!  Okay, yes she's got some spunk to her sometimes... but this was seriously such a proud moment for me as Ella's mom.  It made me so happy that after I taught her something, she wanted to show me that she understood by using the different forms of the word correctly, without me even asking her to.  What a smart girl!

10 comments:

daniel.soderholm said...

That is awesome! It really is very smart. Go Ella and Lorel for teaching her too!

Tiffany said...

I'm dying laughing!

Becky R. said...

That's pretty funny!

Deborah said...

I LOVE This story! LOL so funny!

Maddy said...

haha, that's awesome!!

Jen said...

that is awesome!!!!!!!!!! And I love that she cut you off...enough mom..hehehe :)

Cami and Juan said...

It's so amazing. You are teaching her a language. It is overwhelming to me at this point, but it's just little victories at a time. You are awesome.

Taylor Family said...

I miss that spunky girl!

Lenore said...

Ha ha! Ella rocks!

Lenore said...

By the way, time to change your blog header- it's cute and all... but how old is Ella there??? Like 2 months!?? :)