Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hair Cut

Ella got her first hair cut a couple of weeks ago.  I had trimmed a curl here and there in the past when it looked especially uneven, but never the whole head at once... this resulted in her having a choppy/uneven mess.  I made an appointment at the salon that I go to, because I didn't want to take any chances at a kid salon or a cheap place (okay, that may sound a bit picky, but I have had WAY too many bad haircuts in the past with my curly hair, that I just wanted to get it right with Ella.  Some people just do not know how to handle curly hair!).

before

During.  Ella was too nervous to open her eyes.

bored
 

After!  She did a great job.  Didn't take too much off, and put in some nice gradual layers.

After.  What a pretty girl I have!  I took some more shots of her during a recent photoshoot that I did for a product called TeeGee.  You can see more here.

Ella is a great girl.  So funny, smart, and nice.  Here are some things she has said that have made me laugh lately:

Telling me how I need to open a jar: "You need to pull really hard. Like really for major hard."

telling me about her circle shaped snack at school, that i packed:  "Everyone loved it so much.  All my friends said 'Oh Ella, I love it. I'm so impressed with you.'"  haha - i bet they all said that.

She lost her necklace and said:  "Maybe Dad can find it.  Or maybe Jesus or Santa.  They can help eachother!"

A little while ago I took Ella to Lowes with me before bed.  When we came out of the store, the sun was setting and I just said "So beautiful!" then Ella said "What?  Did you say my hair is beautiful?!"  Ha!  I guess she gets that a lot.

Her bottom is her "bobin"
everyone is "eve-e-one"

Cute girl.

3 comments:

Taylor Family said...

How do you know the TeeGee person from Darden. Sounds interesting. Ella is beautiful and does have beautiful hair!

Rachelle said...

Her hair looks great, and she is so cute. I love her quotes, especially asking if you said she was beautiful, so stinkin funny!!

Cami and Juan said...

"I'm so impressed with you." Yes all the kids are so polite and well-spoken. Isn't it funny how she reveals probably what you say all the time? You don't even notice it until you hear your kids talking like you. Aw we miss you guys. You're such a good mom Lorel.