Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Apple Picking

Apple picking at Carter Mountain is my favorite Fall activity in Cville, for sure!  We have already been up a few times so far, and I know I will be going up many more times before picking season is over.  The apples are just so good (nothing beats eating fruit straight from the source), and the view is ridiculous.  Gorgeous!

A couple of weeks ago we went apple picking with our friends, the Van Leeuwen's, who were visiting one of their daughters in Richmond.  I grew up with this family and was inseparable from the oldest, Triest, when we were kids/teens.  I am now really close with their other daughter, Maddy (who now lives in Richmond with her fam while her hubs attends med school), as well, and am happy that I still get to see the rest of them from time to time when they come back to VA to visit.

Some of these pics were taken by me, some by Maddy, and some by their mom, Ingrid.  I was happy that we actually got some pictures because I have been so bad about taking pics of my family lately... and have forgotten my camera the last few times we've gone apple picking.


 Triest, our other friend, Kelly (who I reconnected with after moving to cville.  She now lives in my neighborhood and I watch her daughter in the afternoons.  Love them.), Taylor (the vl brother), Maddy, and me.

 Getting a lift from Taylor

Homemade apple cider donuts.  To die for.

 Nice pose by Craig, and nice pose by me.



... and nice poses by Ella and Isaac




The kids were out of sight for a few minutes... then we found them sitting in on a game at someone's birthday party.  Funny kids.

They were supposed to put their arms around each other... but it looks like Britton had had enough of the girls, and wanted to put them in headlocks instead.
  
The whole VL family, with Kelly & Mariah, and my family included.  It was fun seeing y'all!

3 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Your little family is just the cutest. Can you believe there is 4 of you? It blows my mind, your family has doubled since you got married. And then you'll be outnumbered by kids when you decide to have the next one. Just happens so fast. I love that family picture.

Maddy said...

it was so fun to all get together! and i love the picture of britton with the girls, even if it does look like a headlock :)

Lindsey said...

I miss Carter Mountain! It's gorgeous.