Friday, March 16, 2012

The Forgotten Months

Like I mentioned in my last post, basically no pictures were taken during the months of January and February because of me feeling so lousy.  So here is what I managed to capture with my iPhone...

Jan 18: Took Isaac to the emergency room because he had a concussion.  He and Ella were playing in a mall play area, ran into each other, and Isaac hit his head on the floor.  He was acting out of it right after it happened, tried to stand up and walk, but fell every time he tried.  He couldn't walk for a couple of hours.  Later on in the day he started throwing up uncontrollably, and was completely lethargic.  I took him to the ER while Craig stayed home with Ella.  They ran some tests, did a CT scan, and monitored him for a while.  The tests came back fine, he was diagnosed with a concussion, and after 4 hours we headed back home.
 

After just a couple of days he was completely back to normal.  Poor little guy. 


Jan 26: Ella and Isaac watched quite a bit of tv during those really sick days.


Jan 31: Ella took pretend breast feeding to a new level.  Using a nipple from a bottle as, well, an actual one.


On Feb 16th little Katherine was born.  She is the newest cousin on the Marshall side of the family (The 4th child of Craig's sister, Brooke, and her husband Danny.)  We drove to Richmond to visit that sweet baby a couple of days after she was born.  She is perfect and so sweet.  Cant wait to see her again!


Then towards the end of Feb it snowed just enough to make a snowman.

And then a few days after that, it was warm enough to wear short sleeves (then we got a repeat of that (snow, then short sleeves) a week and a half ago.  Will post about that later.)

Kids playing at the park with Papa


Posts on our more recent activities to come!

I am now almost 16 weeks along in this pregnancy, and I wish i could say I am over the morning sickness, but I cant.  I can say that I am over the worst of it though!  Last Monday night I forgot to take the Unisom/b6 combo, and I was throwing up and feeling terrible again on Tuesday.  I guess I will keep up the pregnancy cocktail until I don't feel the nausea anymore since it really is helping!





8 comments:

Becky R. said...

THe breast feeding photo is awesome! THat's hillarious! Your story of poor Isaac sounded oh so familiar-I'm sorry, I'm glad he's ok. And, I think you guys got more snow than we did-we never did get to build a snowman... :)

Pam said...

Sad reminder of poor Isaac. So glad he is fine! Such an adorable picture of the two kids holding hands, and that picture of Ella nursing is so precious, yet so hilarious!

Lindsay Marie said...

Lorel, I couldn't stop laughing at the picture of Ella and her doll! Too funny.

Congrats on the pregnancy! I hope the sickness is on its way out!!

Maddy said...

i literally LOLed with that picture of Ella - talk about little mommy to the extreme! haha. she's so cute!

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

That Ella pic cracks me up! So funny! Glad the concoction is helping a bit. Hope you are feeling way better soon!

Taylor Family said...

I can't stop Laughing from Ella's "feeding" photo. That was hilarious!!!!! So sorry that poor Issac had to go to the ER. How scary.

Rachelle said...

Ella is so stinkin funny! That picture of her breast feeding is hilarious. I am glad that Issac is ok, I bet that was so scary!

Lindsey said...

So sad about Isaac. Poor thing. I'm glad he was ok after a while.

And Ella's breastfeeding is laugh out loud funny!