Friday, March 30, 2012

Going on a Mission

My little brother, Cordell, is going on a mission for our church to Mendosa, Argentina.  He goes into the MTC (missionary training center) next Wednesday to prepare - learn more about the culture, become more fluent in Spanish, etc - then will head to Argentina and live there for about 2 years.  It will be such a great experience for him to live among the Argentinians, serve them, love them, and teach them.  He will be a great missionary. 

A few weekends ago Craig and I went with my parents and Cordell to his first time going through the temple.  I love the D.C. temple. It is gorgeous.

Cordell and my parents.

 Me and Cordell

Me and Craig

Then a couple of Sundays ago, Cordell gave a farewell talk in church that we attending in Richmond, and then my parents had a little going away party for him that night.  It ended up being a pretty huge going away party, with my parents house packed to the max, and their backyard pretty full too.  A lot of people love Cordell I guess!  He really is a great guy!

Here is Cordell with his gf, Mara
 
Cordell with 2 of his 5 siblings.
 

and with my kids.

We love you, Cordell, and will miss you like crazy!  We can't wait to hear about all of your adventures.  We promise we'll write!


3 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Oh he just grew up so quickly. How fun that you'll have a missionary to write and Ella and Isaac can draw him pictures. I love all these pictures, you guys are all dressed up and beautiful.

Becky R. said...

That's awesome. My brother-in-law is from Argentina. In fact, his family lives in San Luis, which is in the Mendoza mission. I'm sure he'll have a chance to meet them sometime! How exciting!

Taylor Family said...

Mara looks like she belongs in your family! Good luck to Cordell.